Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just took delivery of my HRC 1/6 throttle kit & thought before I dive in and have a crack at fitting it right now I would check if there are any hints or tips to make it a smooth process?

Cheers

Ash

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
First thing: remove the airbox before starting. This will make adjusting cables and removing the OE throttle tube much easier.
Second thing: if you plan to use the OE cables the ends will have to be filed down to fit properly.
Third thing: take your time to see if all clearances are fine. Move the steering continuously to see if the cables are mounted correctly and snap the throttle several times in every conceivable position to make sure it doesn't stick. I know I am paranoid but years ago I had a crash because of a sticking throttle so it pays to be extra careful.
Fourth and final thing: I had issues with aftermarket rubber grips. The only ones that work for me are OE. ;)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First thing: remove the airbox before starting. This will make adjusting cables and removing the OE throttle tube much easier.
Second thing: if you plan to use the OE cables the ends will have to be filed down to fit properly.
Third thing: take your time to see if all clearances are fine. Move the steering continuously to see if the cables are mounted correctly and snap the throttle several times in every conceivable position to make sure it doesn't stick. I know I am paranoid but years ago I had a crash because of a sticking throttle so it pays to be extra careful.
Fourth and final thing: I had issues with aftermarket rubber grips. The only ones that work for me are OE. ;)
I think after reading that I might pay my mechanic to do it, dont want the throttle sticking :banghead
Thanks for the tips, I thought it was just undo the old one & put the new one on!!!

Ash

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Nothing to worry about. Snap the throttle a few times and you will immediately feel if there's something wrong with it.
Something the mechanic I went to that time surely didn't do... :mad:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I printed out your fitting instructions & the mechanic said, nah it just bolts on. But when I picked it up he said, that guy was right, you do have to remove the airbox!!!

Thanks again :notworthy

Ash

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
I printed out your fitting instructions & the mechanic said, nah it just bolts on. But when I picked it up he said, that guy was right, you do have to remove the airbox!!!

Thanks again :notworthy

Ash
Glad to be of assistance. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I removed the airbox. it just a few screws. no big deal. back off the return cable and dial in the pull cable and your golden. I like the throttle feel much better now. Took about two stop signs to get used to and that's it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts