Speedzilla Forums banner

How well do you think he'll finish this weekend?

• Top five.

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • 5th-10th

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • 10th-15th

Votes: 29 56.9%
  • 15th-20th

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't think there is any great pressure on the kid since it will be his first time on the Honda. Still, he knows the track well, he has balls of steel and he has impressed me very much with his versatility/adaptability in terms of his ability to ride well under less than ideal bike set ups. He also seems to possess that powerful competitive fire that distinguishes the great riders from the very good on down.

Based on Shane Byrne's brief stint on the Honda, I don't think anyone has high expectations for him to do really well and it wouldn't be surprising to see him to struggle his first time out.

Having said that, I also wouldn't be surprised to see him finish in the top five either.

·
Registered
65 Posts
roadkill said:
+1 He's quite talented. The other riders, however, ain't too shabby.
that seems reasonable.
I'd love to see him in the top 5, but if I were a betting man...I sure wouldn't bet on that.
It will be interesting none the less.

·
MotoGP champ!
637 Posts
around 10th, 10-15, inside top 10 would be awesome. Almost seems thats all the bikes capable of, both with Bayliss and Byrne on it.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
JesseJames said:
ahh found a link with the funky drift Chris was doing at magny cours....
That's pretty wicked. Was he doing that every lap?

Ya know, if people keep crashing out of this weekend's race before the race even starts, he shouldn't have much trouble getting a top ten.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts