Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(1) rubbermaid cart

(4) holes in the cart in a square on center with the mount holes.

(1) twisted stay

(1) mint stay

(1) homemade caliper

(1) 6 inch ruler

(1) welding rod or straight wire

So I forgot to take before pics...trust me it was A twisted sister :eek:

Once I put bolts through the cart the stay bases were brought parallel and square I needed to remove and grunt often so they were not bolted down.

Using a big marker I bent a u-shape to the end of the wire and began referencing points on the mint one and marking the wire.

After using the cart handle for a (soft) twist anchor the next step was the two big radius sections and referencing my wire marks.

The next step was using the home made caliper to reference the pem nuts.

And finally setting them both on their backs and typing a post.:D

B.T.W. Tim your stay is fixed :D

Attachments

·
Registered
401 Posts
can I send you mine that is a bit tweaked? I'll pay ya for it +1

·
Registered
126 Posts
B.T.W. Tim your stay is fixed

Nice work Tom! Thanks so much. Now I can't even tell which one is mine for good reason in a good way!!! Now off to the powder coater it goes. She will be back in black! Excited to see. Oh ya btw I finally got my garage heater out, set up and all tools and projects and such organized if ya wanna come have a beer sometime and check the place and talk smart???

·
calculating status...
1,667 Posts
Very nice job!

I tried to bend a steel one back once. I had a comalong hooked between the stay and the receiver on my truck. It didn't work.

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
HAhahaha Hey Tom, Good job mang.! :clapper :clapper

Dude,.. You ripped off my cart!...? LOL... We have about 10 of those plasitc carts too. Hahahaa

·
Workaholic
224 Posts
...and I though brute strength was the answer. I fixed a subframe with 2 ratchet straps, a breaker bar, and my hands.

However, if I see an RC51 with a tweaked stay, I will definitely reference this thread. I've seen two during my time coaching on base.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:clapper Speedster and Tarmack I sent you guys my addy :woot:

Beer funds are always welcome !!!:D

And Tim the snow is almost here grab your sled motor and head out to Mound, I have an engine stand that looks just like my X's dining room table:D :woot:

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts