Speedzilla Forums banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
RC51-less Member
6,675 Posts
heavyzee said:
http://human-nature.com/ep/downloads/ep04330346.pdf

evolutionary psychology my friend...:rtfm

men work on dominance and politics.... power and presteige...

women find a sense of community...

behaviors learned and created from youth, that continue through adulthood...
Then how do you explain Hillary CLinton? Oh, yeah..........men.........:D

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
heavyzee said:
http://human-nature.com/ep/downloads/ep04330346.pdf

evolutionary psychology my friend...:rtfm

men work on dominance and politics.... power and presteige...

women find a sense of community...

behaviors learned and created from youth, that continue through adulthood...
There are many ingredients that go into the makeup of our personalities, saying that the modern manifestation of primal instincts is the sole motivator is laughable. I don't disagree they play a factor, but learned responses and life experiences play a huge role as well. This been known for over a century of modern psychological medicine. A large part of the maturing process is re-programming from the instinctual to the intellectual.

Your instinct makes you want to hunt me down because I just laughed at you, but you won't because or your life experience you know that is not acceptable. See my point?

If you actually read my post I said IMMATURITY. I was referring specifically to emotional and intellectual immaturity, not whether they had experienced puberty. There are many people that have no idea why they do what they do.

I hadn't looked these up before, but:
http://www.itstime.com/mar99.htm
"Arrogance is a defense against vulnerability and insecurity, often learned in childhood when parents constantly criticize a child for not being good enough. The person is so afraid of being seen as unworthy or incompetent, that they immediately throw up a defensive shield against any possible attack. This defense protects them for a while, but everyone else sees that it is false."

http://www.mental-health-matters.com/articles/article.php?artID=174
"...any loss of a good and coherent self-feeling is associated with intensely experienced emotions such as shame and depression, plus an anguished sense of helplessness and disorientation. To prevent this state, the narcissistic personality slides the meanings of events in order to place the self in a better light...

...Those who counter the self are depreciated; ambiguous attributions of blame and a tendency to self-righteous rage states are a conspicuous aspect of this pattern....

...As part of these manoeuvres, the narcissistic personality may assume attitudes of contemptuous superiority toward others, emotional coldness, or even desperately charming approaches to idealised figures."

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
sburns2421 said:
There are many ingredients that go into the makeup of our personalities, saying that the modern manifestation of primal instincts is the sole motivator is laughable. I don't disagree they play a factor, but learned responses and life experiences play a huge role as well.
Would you then not also agree that exploiting the prescribed responses of others is an effective form of manipulation?

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
LDH said:
Would you then not also agree that exploiting the prescribed responses of others is an effective form of manipulation?
Doesn't everyone do this in some form or another? I guess why we do it is the question.

·
Enormous Member
1,460 Posts
twisty said:
I'm sorry your 4th grade education didn't pick this up but my joining that site was sarcastic...:rolleyes:
holy ****ing shit dude,... you want to toss a stone at my education yet you posted this???

twisty said:
I dont pertickly don't care for Mike but since Iam a RC51 owner, Iam thinking of joining. Lack of certain technical things here have me considering joining. Plus deep down I know Mike whats to be friends:cool:

I respectfully ask that you follow your own advise and read that I said
sp2Pilot said:
people like Twisty
so your reading comprehension is on par with your technical understanding of anything mechanical:rolleyes:

what a marrooooon:eek:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
sp2pilot said:
holy ****ing shit dude,... you want to toss a stone at my education yet you posted this???

I respectfully ask that you follow your own advise and read that I said so your reading comprehension is on par with your technical understanding of anything mechanical:rolleyes:

what a marrooooon:eek:
Knowing the relation that mike and I have you would really think I would step foot onto the website owned by Mike? Seriously?

I dont pertickly don't care for Mike but since Iam a RC51 owner, Iam thinking of joining. Lack of certain technical things here have me considering joining. Plus deep down I know Mike whats to be friends:cool:

Feel the sarcasm...:cool:

·
Registered
311 Posts
heavyzee said:
... Rogue is a good place to go to have "intellegent discussions". Wether it's politics, swapping engines, or building a a high compression motor. To me it seems as if the clientel is older and more established...

my :twocents

CARPE DEIM
Fantastic stuff.

Intellegent, wether, clientel and DEIM all in one post. You couldn't make this stuff up :)

61 - 73 of 73 Posts