Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The track side medical people are great but a little hard on gear. I suppose if I hadn't crashed my YZ450 they wouldn't have cut me out of my suit. I did get my first ambulance ride, 2 actually for the day. Ended up with 4 broken ribs and a collar bone in 4 pieces, but other than that no worse for wear. I get to have a plate and screws installed Monday to put it together. I am getting way to old for this crap.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Glad your ok, and it does suck getting older, we no longer bounce when we fall...
We bounce it's just that we are brittle inside :banghead

What a raw deal man,was that your black perforated suit that fit perfectly ?

At least you have a back-up rider for the June races ;)

Heal-up quick Dave and let's go to Brainerd and spectate :clapper

·
Easily Illusioned
554 Posts
Hang in there and stay comfortable, that's what the pain pills are for.

Get well,

John

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
OMFG dave call me, I had not heard about this crash until I read this post. I need more details my man!
Dave went out to Stokholm (cokato) with the likes of Cristian Schmidt and that other superfast U.L. tard dude.

Here's a last years video of the table top jump where his bike landed short on the rear fender and spit him over the bars and to the base of the down ramp:eek:

Correct me if I'm wrong JET.

YouTube - Supermoto Race Vet Main - Cokato May 17, 2009

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
Get well soon man. That tabletop at cokato can be sketchy with street tires I almost wrecked a few times in that dirt section.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Glad you're ok. You'll have more Ti than your bike, keep us posted. Any pics of the bike?
Not much visible damage to the bike. I need to loosen up everything on the front end and straighten it all out, it's kind of tweaked. I think it will probably be stainless instead of Ti.

Thanks for all the well-wishes guys.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Glad your ok, and it does suck getting older, we no longer bounce when we fall...
Glad to here your ok. We do bounce back when we get older it just seam like it takes a hell of alot longer them before:D

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Ouch

I know how you feel brother.............as I crashed my 750 Gix Sunday at Lil Tally. Didn't break any bones, but real sore. Get well soon!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hey bud you dont need to start replacing bones with TI parts just to shave some weight of the bike and rider. Hope the opp. goes well tomarrow!!!!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Not much visible damage to the bike. I need to loosen up everything on the front end and straighten it all out, it's kind of tweaked. I think it will probably be stainless instead of Ti.

Thanks for all the well-wishes guys.
Good luck with the surgery, keep us posted asap on your recovery. Also post up a list of what you may need and so we can start digging around for some spares if you need them sir.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all the support guys, knew you would all be there. I have to be to the hospital at 0600 tomorrow, I will let you know when I can.l

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thought I would throw out an update. Made it home this afternoon after the surgery. They ended up putting 8 screw and a plate on my left clavicle to tie it back together. Doctor said it was a pretty impressive break. I can already feel a difference with it back in one piece. I hope to be back at it fairly quickly.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts