Speedzilla Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Re: How much do you.................. (nsaneduc)

i guess jason ran away after asking the question. come back here and reply to some of these posts now!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Re: (Rooster)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rooster »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You need to get the appropriately pierced 19YO female(s) running an espresso stand in that new shop of yours - that way you'll always be busy, one way or the other...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I like your thinking Rooster ...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by monarc »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">in architecture undergraduate school it used to be a badge of honor to try to work as many hours straight as possible, to get as much done as possible. Guys would routinely do 40 hours awake straight -50hours or more, and then crash after it was all done. </TD></TR></TABLE>

This might just explain some of the troubles I deal with everyday ... Fcuking Architects ....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Re: How much do you.................. (section8superbike)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by section8superbike »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">work?

I am asking this because I would like to work more, but I just poop out and can't do anymore. I usualy work from 6am-8pm. But the funny thing is at 8pm I don't feel tired, and I want to work more, but my brain is mush.

Am I just a wuss? Or is this perfectly normal and I should just give in to my mushy brain and start again the next day?

Jason</TD></TR></TABLE>

You're one of the few people that love your job. The fatigue comes from concentrating on your work so hard because you enjoy it so much.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Re: How much do you.................. (section8superbike)

Steve Buscemi as Garland "the marietta mangler" Greene in "Con Air"

" What if i told you insane was working 50hrs a week in some office for 50 years at the end of which they tell you to piss off, ending up in some retirement village hoping to die before sufferring the indignity of trying to make it to the toilet on time. Wouldnt you consider that insane?"

haha
i know a guy(about 40 at the time) who worked like 16 hrs a day / 7 days a week for 7 years starting a company. he was healthy, non smoker, family man, good diet, calm sort of guy.
Then one day he woke up and he couldnt move. he was sent to hospital and basically the doctors told him his body shutdown because of too much accumulated stress and it took him 6 full months to recover. i saw him a few years later and all of his hair was gone and still hadnt grown back...eyelashes even , he had splotchy marks all over his face and he looked about 25% leaner.
He basically said he works 8 hrs a day and gets as much done as when he was working 16hrs. he definitely thinks much clearer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Yea, I agree, there is way more to life than working 6am to 8pm. Thats way too many hours for me and I own my own business and enjoy it to boot. Im an 9 to 5er. How do you have time to do other things like getting your hair cut or paying the car taxes, not to mention spending a bit of time with your family or friends.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Re: How much do you.................. (Nick D.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nick D. »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well, I for one think you are probably just a wussy. I am a CPA and at this time of year, anyone crying about working too many hours has to take a back seat to me. 60 hours? Sounds like part-time to me!

</TD></TR></TABLE>.

Oh, did I say 5 days a week
It's more like 7
I think I am going loopy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Re: How much do you.................. (ducKing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ducKing »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i guess jason ran away after asking the question. come back here and reply to some of these posts now!!!

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've been working

G

·
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Re: (MKIA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MKIA »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yea, I agree, there is way more to life than working 6am to 8pm. Thats way too many hours for me and I own my own business and enjoy it to boot. Im an 9 to 5er. How do you have time to do other things like getting your hair cut or paying the car taxes, not to mention spending a bit of time with your family or friends. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh, that makes me feel a lot better

G

·
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Ha ha, yea you work your butt off your whole life to get a little money, then you die. You cant take it with you, no use killing yourself over a few $$$ Look at Oprah, possibly the wealthest woman in the world, she is also the most miserable. Money doesnt buy happiness!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Re: (MKIA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MKIA »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Look at Oprah, possibly the wealthest woman in the world, she is also the most miserable. Money doesnt buy happiness!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

unhappy and fat and all that money.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Re: (section8superbike)

I am working everyday at variable hours for the next few months but its very rewarding work. At home I manage a fifty hour week. On the road there are no vacations, no complaints though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Re: (Ian748L)

I know a little outfit out of Houston, Texas, called KBR...

They only ask that you work a minimum of 12 hours per day, 7 days per week for 16 weeks straight until they give you a couple of weeks off.

Did I mention it was in a combat zone?

Of course, I'm 'working' now, so it's not too hard. None of the contractors or subcontractors are busting their asses over here...it's the long hours that get to you, not the work.

Jeff.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Re: (section8superbike)

Dear Jason,

Well all that work and no play, Here's the skinny sunshine, you can keep working like that but your gonna burn yourself out, and trust me there is nothing as embarrasing as collapsing from nervous exhaustion in front of a crowded showroom, (I speak from experience.). Whilst in my tenure with Ducati Manhattan in my capacity as G Manager, the pressure of launching the Flagship store, running 916 SPS's up to the top floor of the Waldorf at 9pm at night so Frederico can look good in the IPO offerings with TPG, after months of all that, selling 200 + bikes a year, All the corporate parties and schmoozing after 2 years I totally collapsed and lost it NERVOUS EXHAUSTION.

Due to the lack of other staff my days of absolute glory just collapsed around my ears, My advice One man cannot service his customer base alone unless you are a robot and have no life at all, Also you will kill your own personal drive for your most beloved passion the motorcycle,

In closing I say work in moderation, do not set yourself up into a situation where you are so exceptional on the outside there is nothing left on the inside, BEWARE THE ALMIGHTY MOTORCYCLE TRADE IT WILL EAT YOU UP SPIT YOU OUT AND LAY A BIG RUBBER PATCH ON YOUR NECK.

Having said all that I now work all the hours god sends running my own company in the same insane enviroment, so I guees we are some what stupid but without guys like us there would be no trade.

See Ya
Ryan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Re: (Doo Cat One)

Hey Ryan, I think you might have sold me my first ducati six years ago, Do you recall sending two american spec 748's one red and one yellow back to Italy to a couple of military guys over there? I think I remember your name from way back. We ordered them through the New York store after trying to get them from the factory in Italy. If that was you then those bikes went to myself and Mike996 whose also frequents the board. Good to see your enjoying being a business owner and still in the bike community.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Re: (Ian748L)

Hey Ian,

Yep that was me Bro and I do in fact rememmber that deal, It was like sending eggs to the chicken house, What a small world man !!! Glad to see your still pounding the roads Bro,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Re: (Doo Cat One)

Yeah, its a small world alright. I sold my 748 a few years ago but Mike still has his. Its a full time race bike these days. We had a blast on those bikes. We rode them from Sicily to Amsterdam and back and never had any problems with them. Good to run into you again.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.