Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just at VIR and after talking to a few people it seems that there is a wide range of track days people do during the year. I personally will make it to the track 8 times this year for sure 9 possibly.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: How many Trackdays do most do during the year? (TheThrill)

when I was racing, I did 17 weekends of either racing or trackdays one year and 15 another.

Now that I am broke (see above) I am doing 7 this year, but I am riding my streetbike more and going to the track to watch races.

eddie

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

5 so far and maybe 5 more.

Maybe this speaks to my level of commitment, but having a track about an hour away is a huge difference for me. What's better is that the track (Autobahn) is actually three: North, South and combined. All my track days so far have been at this track, and I have hit all three configurations.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: How many Trackdays do most do during the year? (JamesP)

We go once a month year 'round, except for when it is too, too hot.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In '04, I did 19 track days... oh... but that's because we put 'em on ourselves... and two of those were CMRA sponsored events.

However, we do have customers who are die hard track day participants and make practically every event.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

5, but those are usually weekend or 3 day events.

Sportbike Track Time and Trackoholics are the predominant Michigan Trackday providers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: How many Trackdays do most do during the year? (Capt. Home Slice)

Yesterday, I've just finished my 5th one this year. Hoping to get at least 3 more in before the end of the season.

P.S. Oooooh!!! This is my 600th post!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: How many Trackdays do most do during the year? (jbraslins)

Zero, never done one, probably never will.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Here we go again..(Reminiscing)

Once Upon a time....... A long time ago in a place far, far away for about 6 years straight.

I used to average about 50 a year.......Honestly!! Just about every Thursday and Monday of every week from April til November and Sundays during the winter, not to mention roadtrips to other tracks. but I know that's probably not realistic to expect here in the states. Not to mention the amount of money it would cost one here.

Not bragging! I just wish that everyone who is a true m/c riding addict had a chance to experience the European motorcycling experience.
If I could afford it I'd take everyone on this board on an all expense paid trip.
NO _ _ _ _ I WOULD!! And you can take that to the bank. If I ever win the Powerball consider it a done deal.

What's the point of having it if you can't share it.

I hate it here, I hate it here, I hate it here, I hate it here...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, let me put my name down on that list right now should you ever win the big one!

Ive only been doing this since August of 2001 (only 2 that yr) but have managed to squeeze in around 6 trackday events per season, between work and family obligations its not easy. This doesnt include the 1 race weekend per yr we've been going to for the past 2 yrs.
God bless those of you who can do more!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: How many Trackdays do most do during the year? (MATTinMN)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MATTinMN »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Zero, never done one, probably never will.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why's that?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: How many Trackdays do most do during the year? (Tripod-R)

i try once month with a trackday school in the mix.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: How many Trackdays do most do during the year? (oneducs)

try for one per month, but ended up doing 3 in june. It was a good month

i've done 5 so far this year, hopefully get a few more in before the season is done, but it's getting a little pricey

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: How many Trackdays do most do during the year? (Metcalfe)

8 so far this year. Was supposed to do #9 this past Monday but my father-in-law passed away unexpectedly last Friday. Already have my first one scheduled in Colorado once I move out in a couple of weeks. Since I plan on being unemployed for a couple of months, will probably be hitting the track at least once a week. Looking forward to having 5 tracks within 2 hours of the new house

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: How many Trackdays do most do during the year? (negativegs)

I'll get in maybe 10 in this year... I am missing 3 potential days -- getting married and no track near where we are honeymooning...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: How many Trackdays do most do during the year? (hank)

Between Racing and Trackdays...about 25 this year I hope

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: How many Trackdays do most do during the year? (hearing8)

one a month from may through september. maybe more next year.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: How many Trackdays do most do during the year? (Rigor)

6 last year (1st year at the track)

9 so far this year....hoping to get in 3 or 4 more.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: How many Trackdays do most do during the year? (Tripod-R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tripod-R »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Why's that?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Mostly because I'm lame. They're expensive & not in my backyard for sure. I'd like to do it, just cant see it happening. If I had a bike ready for a track day, the $$, the necessary safety gear and time, I'd rather attempt to race. Preferably supermoto. I'm sure it's great fun to be on the track & I do envy all of you that can do it - just dont think it's in my cards.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.