Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CCC?

That's right, I would really like to know how many of us RC51\SP1\SP2 owers have done this mod.?

I think it would be great to have some kind of data base of info., to not only this mod. but ALL things which = Thorsten mods.!...
Anyone else interested?

TCCC:
Count me in on this one, I am one who's got this mod., and Loves the effect of how light the clutch lever is and how easy it is to smoothly work the clutch!

I have only 1 Bitch about it.

Peace Jeff

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
before you swear off hydraulics... have u ever pulled a 16x18 brembo m/c with a 38mm slave? it's LITERALLY one finger operation.

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
I've seriously thought about it, as I really liked the feel and light pull of the cable clutches on other bikes I've used and it's one less thing to bleed and flush. But I just started wanking it with the left hand and no more issues.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
I've seriously thought about it, as I really liked the feel and light pull of the cable clutches on other bikes I've used and it's one less thing to bleed and flush. But I just started wanking it with the left hand and no more issues.
Now do you sit on that hand for a minute of two untill it falls asleep A.K.A. "the stranger" :confused:

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
Jami... What set-up do you have? I don't like the lack of progression the stock set-up has. Are you running an aftermarket slave as well?

·
1,061 Posts
before you swear off hydraulics... have u ever pulled a 16x18 brembo m/c with a 38mm slave? it's LITERALLY one finger operation.
Were do you get the 38mm slave? I've never heard of it.

Mav,

I do like the feel of a cable clutch. I've never seen this kit you speak of. Do I have to remortage the house to get on though? :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had the Thorsten cable clutch, it was nice and light action.It was overpriced for what's in the kit though.

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Were do you get the 38mm slave? I've never heard of it.

Mav,

I do like the feel of a cable clutch. I've never seen this kit you speak of. Do I have to remortage the house to get on though? :D
There was a used one in the classifieds for $400. They are normally €420, which is currently about $588, shipping from Germany not included.

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
IF You guys ever felt how easy and smooth the clutch action is with this thing, you'd be blown away! Part of this might also be I'm running CRG's best Lever and Perch set-up.

My ONLY complaint about it is: Being able to get the CORRECT replacement cable or something Better IF anyone has info. of such a beast...? Please TELL Me!

My cable keeps breaking right at the lever where we have the screw anchor for the cable to lever, it breaks same spot every friggin' time. My CBR900RR cable didn't break once until I had about 40,000++ miles on her!

This thing breaks every couple thousand miles, 5 times now since I installed it... So far the closest I have been to my house when this has happen was like 25 to 30 miles. But I still was able to make it home fine... Since I've never had to stop!:clapper My abillity of being able to shift Up and Down with out a clutch is very Good but GOD and Timing has been very good to me as well.. closest to almost stopping was a Train crossing, where LMAO I was able to carefully U-turn around (OMG it was close to stalling LOL) then drive down the road aways and come back after the train finshed going by:woot:

I talked to Thorsten about getting some back up cables.. He told me just to hit a bicycle shop, which I did... but their cables have gotten so friggin' thin, they don't last for shit. They have told me No one makes the fat cables any more...

So, now I've talked to Dave at Barnett, and this winter I'll be sending him My cable to match up with a Better one... but until then, I've made my LAST repair with My Last cable.
Which by the way, Yesterday.. I found part of the problem with the location of the anchor into the Holder, the holder hold down screw, were it was pinching the cable pretty bad! Now Had I found this from the begining, I'm guessing I Never would have been having these issues. :wtf I'll keep You posted if any one is interested...?

When I got Thorsten CCC., I bought it here from a member for what I thought was a very good price, I just didn't know, I was getting a USED one.:rolleyes: Still a good deal though.;)

FYI: I also had Scott hook me up with the CRG lever and perch and Scott saved me some nice coin there as well OH My, Awesome Deal and service from Scott everytime as well!

IF I missed and or didn't answer one of your questions, please by all means... ask again.;)

Peace Jeff

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
i have a tsr 38mm... i got it from a guy on this site actually. can't remember who.

my clutch starts engaging just about right off the bar and is perfectly smooth all the way through the stroke. you can feather it all day with one finger

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
IF You guys ever felt how easy and smooth the clutch action is with this thing, you'd be blown away! Part of this might also be I'm running CRG's best Lever and Perch set-up.

My ONLY complaint about it is: Being able to get the CORRECT replacement cable or something Better IF anyone has info. of such a beast...? Please TELL Me!

My cable keeps breaking right at the lever where we have the screw anchor for the cable to lever, it breaks same spot every friggin' time. My CBR900RR cable didn't break once until I had about 40,000++ miles on her!

This thing breaks every couple thousand miles, 5 times now since I installed it... So far the closest I have been to my house when this has happen was like 25 to 30 miles. But I still was able to make it home fine... Since I've never had to stop!:clapper My abillity of being able to shift Up and Down with out a clutch is very Good but GOD and Timing has been very good to me as well.. closest to almost stopping was a Train crossing, where LMAO I was able to carefully U-turn around (OMG it was close to stalling LOL) then drive down the road aways and come back after the train finshed going by:woot:

I talked to Thorsten about getting some back up cables.. He told me just to hit a bicycle shop, which I did... but their cables have gotten so friggin' thin, they don't last for shit. They have told me No one makes the fat cables any more...

So, now I've talked to Dave at Barnett, and this winter I'll be sending him My cable to match up with a Better one... but until then, I've made my LAST repair with My Last cable.
Which by the way, Yesterday.. I found part of the problem with the location of the anchor into the Holder, the holder hold down screw, were it was pinching the cable pretty bad! Now Had I found this from the begining, I'm guessing I Never would have been having these issues. :wtf I'll keep You posted if any one is interested...?

When I got Thorsten CCC., I bought it here from a member for what I thought was a very good price, I just didn't know, I was getting a USED one.:rolleyes: Still a good deal though.;)

FYI: I also had Scott hook me up with the CRG lever and perch and Scott saved me some nice coin there as well OH My, Awesome Deal and service from Scott everytime as well!

IF I missed and or didn't answer one of your questions, please by all means... ask again.;)

Peace Jeff
Mav, Have you contacted Motion Pro cables. They make custom cables all day long.

Motion Pro - Quality Motorcycle Cables, Tools and Controls

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
i have a tsr 38mm... i got it from a guy on this site actually. can't remember who.

my clutch starts engaging just about right off the bar and is perfectly smooth all the way through the stroke. you can feather it all day with one finger
Is this something Simmon might be able to get?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Contacted Simon. He said yes but needs a few orders. I am in for three. aprox 370 us dollars and a few weeks out.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts