Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys it’s not a RC question but one of general sport bike riding. When you guys go to break before a turn how many fingers you use? When I go do a track day or so or if im messing around I break with my middle finger only... that’s the only way I can control the amount of break while I down shift and blip the throttle it feels like I have more control of the gas and break. I know most guys do it with 2 fingers but what about you guys?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: How many fingers do you use? (superbird)

Most of the time for me its 1.5 fingers. Most coming from my pointer and some from the middle. Not sure if its the correct way but most comfortable for me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have to clutch with 4 fingers... im to weak to do it with any less or i might risk poping it. So im not the only one that breaks with 1 fingger

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

used to be 2 but Im working on using my whole hand so I can break the habit of covering the brakes all the time. Try to get in a better habit of Im either braking or accelerating.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: How many fingers do you use? (Rookie)

i start with one. i work it in and out slowly, until i know she's ready for 2. once the second one's in, i...................... oh...............sorry. wrong forum.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: How many fingers do you use? (Rigor)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rigor »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i start with one. i work it in and out slowly, until i know she's ready for 2. once the second one's in, i...................... oh...............sorry. wrong forum.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
NICE!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

The pointer on the brake and two on the clutch

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (mulisha00)

Whole hand on the cluth, and one on the brake . . . cuz that's all that works on my right hand now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rigor »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i start with one. i work it in and out slowly, until i know she's ready for 2. once the second one's in, i...................... oh...............sorry. wrong forum.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

It really depends on who's wife or girlfriend we're talking about here....

...but on the bike I use two and two. I think alot of it depends how large your hands are. Also for me its somewhat of a habit to use two fingers on the right lever, as that is the rear brake lever on my BMX bike. It drove me nuts after a year of riding, when I took an MSF course and the instructor kept breaking my balls cause I would never use all four fingers on brake and clutch levers.

Modified by Wrist Rocket at 2:27 AM 7/8/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: How many fingers do you use? (Rookie)

I have the Brembo 19x18 radial brake master cylinder and only need one finger to stop and a 16X18 Brembo radial clutch master cylinder and I can shift with only one finger too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I generally cover each lever with one index finger; if I brake and decide I need more power, I can quickly use a second finger. For street riding, I almost never need more than that (thanks to braided lines).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: How many fingers do you use? (spezjag)

One to flip off the guy who's breaking way too early in front of me!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: How many fingers do you use? (ebnash)

here's my shameless chance to post a picture of me, PLUS demosntrate exactly what I do with my hands....I use two to brake and clutch and I end up resting one or two at all times, no real reason other than habit really.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (LDH)

Two each and I cover my levers at all times (there are two fingers on the brake but I am primarily using my middle finger, the pointer is pretty much along for the ride).
I am actually trying to break myself of covering the levers all the time, I find it harder to grab full throttle when I am covering.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: How many fingers do you use? (Wrist Rocket)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Wrist Rocket »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

It really depends on who's wife or girlfriend we're talking about here....
</TD></TR></TABLE>

tell me about it....i'm still missing a ring and a very nice watch......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

I always cover the brake with 2, this is for 2 reasons. 1. it prevents me 'panic' braking when something happens infront (like cbr's falling over!) and i can also use it to brace my wrist on the throttle when it gets bumpy, stops the choppy choopy effect.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts