Speedzilla Forums banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
I got my 2000 in late 06 with a little over 10k on it, now she has 33k and is ripped apart at the moment to finally do the free mods/maintenance, a few odds and ends, fit/setup a Ohlins 3 way. I love this bike. :D

·
Registered
531 Posts
I always told myself that I would own a RC51 someday, well that day came in June of 2007 when I drove to NH and picked up a wrecked 2000. It took 7 years for my bike to find a good home. It will always be mine!

Just a crazy story to add: I ALMOST traded it for a very nice 1st Gen. Toyota 4runner...drove 2 hrs to meet the guy in Albany, NY. The battery was dead so we used jumper cables to try and start it...it wouldn't start. Figured it was bad jumper cables. So I had to track down another set of cables, I found another set and it still wouldn't start! The trade was off after that. Drove back home, ran in the house to grab my cables, hooked them up and wouldn't you know it....Yes, it started right up!...it was destined to be mine!

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Killeen TX

I told my mom when I return from Korea I would buy that bad boy. July of 2000, I traded my 1993 CBR-1000RR for my RC. Killeen Power Sports (old bldg).

Attachments

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Well let's see. I bought it March of '07 with 3k miles and it's got something like 12k now. I'm on my third exhaust, fourth set of clip-ons, third undertail, third set of rearsets, third rear shock. I now have track bodywork and various spare bits in boxes and my bike is constantly torn apart in the garage during some sort of change/repair/upgrade Mostly thanks to this site.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Sometimes I wish I had never gotten ride of her.:eek:
He got rid of his in a real bad way... it looked like it had been tossed out of a helicopter.

He broke a pinky toe and lucked-out there.

I can't find any pictures:( you guys know how much I like pictures:)

·
2000 RC51 Rider
63 Posts
March of 2006. I don't see myself ever getting rid of it either! I worked at a Honda dealership when the bike first came out and I told myself that I will own one of them someday. Finally after college everything came together and I found mine!

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
10-04 an '03 with 500 miles 8K O.T.D. :clapper

You know:rolleyes: the times when I ride her to work they all call me luckynuts thinking I just got laid :woot:

I do love pictures :D

She went from this to THIS !!!

Attachments

61 - 77 of 77 Posts