Speedzilla Forums banner

How Is Attack Kawasaki Allowed To Use 05 ZX6R(R) Body Work On A ZX10R.....

3K views 27 replies 0 participants last post by  Guest 
G
#1 ·
Isn't the body work supposed to look OEM..........

See less See more
G
#3 ·
Very interesting. After looking at the OEM style as well as all the major aftermarket bodywork suppliers, it looks like the only thing "wrong" is the side vents. The tail is correct as is the upper and sides, except for the vents.

G
#4 ·
Re: (erik996)

Believe that's no where near stock. I have a ZX10R. I was wondering why that bike looked like a ZX6R in the Road America race. I thought it was the paint at first. Here is a pic of Tommy's ZX10R, and ZX6RR.

ZX10R

ZX6RR

G
#6 ·
Re: (SP8)

Fairings are totally different so is the tail (one piece back tail and side panel), they might look similar but attack's bodywork is not a zx6rr bodywork... totally different vents.

G
#8 ·
Re: (Giannis)

I think they had someone combine the two designs. The upper is for sure like a ZX6R(R). Sorta like what Graves did to the Formula Extreme R1. That fairing was way wider then the R1 design. I believe Graves had extra side radiators because of the 1000RR like Ram Air they added to the bike.

G
#9 ·
Re: How Is Attack Kawasaki Allowed To Use 05 ZX6R(R) Body Work On A ZX10R..... (SP8)

The '05 ZX6RR is supposed to be Kawasaki's most aerodynamic design to date. Maybe they figured nobody would notice. Maybe nobody of importance has!

G
#10 ·
Re: How Is Attack Kawasaki Allowed To Use 05 ZX6R(R) Body Work On A ZX10R..... (Rocket51)

AK Composites supposedly supplies the bodywork for the Attack Team. I see their sticker on the fairing lower. Check with them.

G
#11 ·
Re: How Is Attack Kawasaki Allowed To Use 05 ZX6R(R) Body Work On A ZX10R..... (weasel)

I took this pic at the barber test, notice the filled in fairing holes on the 1000
I guess modification of the bodywork is allowed

G
#12 ·
actually, the front one is the superbike, the other is a 600., both '05's( i dont think the factory guys run year old bikes).

(edit: Dave, you erased your post on me, now my post makes me lolk even more stupid)

G
#13 ·
Re: (cb186)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cb186 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
(edit: Dave, you erased your post on me, now my post makes me lolk even more stupid)
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, I realized I was wrong and didn't want to look like a moron.

G
#15 ·
Re: (Eddie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eddie »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Bodywork mods are allowed.
Double bubble screens and larger tanks on superbikes are the obvious mods. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Why larger tanks when they are limited to a certain amount of fuel? So, they can cheat. I knew it all along.

G
#16 ·
Re: (roadkill)

Probably the min amount of fuel allowed is more then the stock tanks hold.
At the last race, the speed announcers were talking about the guys pulling over and refilling their tanks before the start of the race and they said something about the superstock guys having to run the stock tanks and being at a disadvantage.

G
#17 ·

its been a couple of years since I was involved[could have changed]but we were allowed up to 24 liters...I used to add to the rear at the bottom of the tank....if not mistaken rules regarding stupidbike body work and tanks state that they must remain similar,but can be different

G
#18 ·
Re: (mike)

Okay, now that we are talking about gas tanks......how come more of the mfr's don't make plastic tanks? Yeah, I know that 600RR's are plastic but who else? I have dented more tanks than I can count and am naive enought to think that there must be an aftermarket for plastic tanks that don't dent if you sneeze on them.

G
#21 ·
Re: (cb186)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cb186 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the problem is with the possibility of rupture upon crashing. you would need to have a retention bladder inside the tank to keep from spilling fuel all over. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I was not aware that the plastic tanks on the Honda were prohibited from racing or track day events.

G
#23 ·
Re: (Giannis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Giannis »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Honda has a plastic cover this is not the actual tank.

i think</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats what i was thinking. if they do have plastic tanks, i was unaware of it(not that i pay any attention to Honda racebikes anyway)

i guess i was kind of thinking about how CF tanks bust apart, more so than plastic.

G
#25 ·
Re: (simonkobe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by simonkobe »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this is what most japanese teams use for the 8 hour etc.(cbr1000 shown)
http://www.spiralspinner.com/E....html</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the pics....does anyone have a translation of the Engrish? Baffled me but then again I'm Southern so even English is somewhat of a problem.

G
#26 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by roadkill »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Okay, now that we are talking about gas tanks......how come more of the mfr's don't make plastic tanks? Yeah, I know that 600RR's are plastic but who else? I have dented more tanks than I can count and am naive enought to think that there must be an aftermarket for plastic tanks that don't dent if you sneeze on them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Pretty simple actually. If they were all plastic how would the stuntas dent them damn things for tank wheelies?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.