Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok exactly how good is rossi?
i have to admit hes a good rider but i dont think hes as good as everyone makes out burgess is the mastermind behind rossi.
when rossi left honda to yamaha who were nowhere in the standings it was in my opinion burgess getting the bike rite rossi obviously has good set up skills but with datalogging the crew can tell if the bikes faster from which changes they have made.which got yamaha fighting fit.
ducati pissed me off when they said a few weeks ago now rossis on board we will have to do any changes and modifications he needs to the bike hmmm shouldnt you do that for any rider ducati?

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
uhm....punch in Valentino Rossi on the internet, check out his record, you might be able to deduct from that.

i remember watching him get penalized 10 seconds and winning that race, by ten seconds.

and youre right Burgess has a tiny little seat inside the fuel tank where he hides and helps Rossi pilot his bikes around the track......right?

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
i remember watching him get penalized 10 seconds and winning that race, by ten seconds.

Actually, Rossi won by 15 seconds. ;)

At the end of the day Rossi is a human being. Humans have good days and bad days. he's always been beatable. Sete, Melandri, Hayden, Biaggi, Roberts Jr., have all triumphed over Rossi from one time or another. Only a couple have been able to put a full season together to beat him.

Rossi is great. I see him as the best ever. But great does not mean invincible. No rider is.

Even if Rossi is on the decline now and is going to get his fudged packed by some of these hungry youngsters, it will never take away from what he's done for Moto GP. Losing is okay. Being the best ever and losing is still okay.

What's not okay is the haters trying to discredit him. That I don't understand.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes i never said hes not a good rider but its burgess who sets the bike up im quite sure if burgess hadnt gone with rossi to yamaha would he have done so well no i dont think so.
ok look at how many wins has rossi had in the 800cc class 21 thats a lot oh how many has stoner had 23 ooo i think thats more than rossi.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
no one is saying he is invincible... no one is. But until someone else passes his achievements, he is the best.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
drsus your implying burgess has very little to do with the set up there well if so why has rossi had all his major titles whilst hes with burgess if he wasnt any good dont you think yamaha and ducati would have said come on over rossi but you can leave burgess and his crew at honda we have our own crew.

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
yesyourerightrossisucksandonly21winsinthe800eraprovesheisntverygoodstonerhadmanyofthosewinsin2007(10IIRC)imnotdefendingrossibutconcedeheisthebestoverallracerofthisgenerationandamthrilledtoseehowhedoesontheducatiithinkyouwillseein2011thatrossiaintdeadyetburgessisobviouslypartofthesuccessbutrossiintheendistheoneridingthebike

·
Registered
240 Posts
don't worry...Jami will be along shortly to remind everyone that Rossi is terribly over rated and was, is, and never will be any good...despite his record.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Rossi's genius goes beyond his unbelievable mastery of riding. It's his mental toughness...and the mind games that have broken the likes of Biaggi, Gibbernau, Stoner...That's what makes him great. You can't set a bike up to do to Stoner what Rossi did at Laguna last year. And don't forget, it's Burgess who follows Rossi from team to team. Not the other way around.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
drsus your implying burgess has very little to do with the set up there well if so why has rossi had all his major titles whilst hes with burgess if he wasnt any good dont you think yamaha and ducati would have said come on over rossi but you can leave burgess and his crew at honda we have our own crew.
im implying rossi rides the bike....theres only so much someone can do with set up to make you win a race, There are plenty of well set up bikes on the paddock that don't win races.

·
Registered
199 Posts
He's human, he'll get beat, and he may be on the decline but as stated, it doesn't take away from what he's done.

Couldn't have said it better my self.

Actually, Rossi won by 15 seconds. ;)

At the end of the day Rossi is a human being. Humans have good days and bad days. he's always been beatable. Sete, Melandri, Hayden, Biaggi, Roberts Jr., have all triumphed over Rossi from one time or another. Only a couple have been able to put a full season together to beat him.

Rossi is great. I see him as the best ever. But great does not mean invincible. No rider is.

Even if Rossi is on the decline now and is going to get his fudged packed by some of these hungry youngsters, it will never take away from what he's done for Moto GP. Losing is okay. Being the best ever and losing is still okay.

What's not okay is the haters trying to discredit him. That I don't understand.

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Rossi=GOAT
Ago=Goat-1
Stoner=Hayden=KRJR=Uncini=Criville=Lucky
Agree with everything but Stoner being lucky. If he improved his mental toughness Lorenzo and Rossi would be reading his leathers more often than not.

Rossi is a complete racer, Lorenzo is close to being his equal. Pedrosa can win when conditions are right. But when he is "on" Stoner is unbeatable. Possibly the fastest Aussie ever, Doohan included. Just inconsistent.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Let me fix this little sheet of imagination

Rossi=GOAT
Ago=Goat-1
Stoner (best bike best rider combo that season and Rossis true competition ever along with Lorenzo)=Hayden(most consistent rider of the best 3 that season)=KRJR(best bike/rider combo and little competition)=Uncini(best bike/rider combo and little competition)=Criville(best bike/rider combo and little competition)=Luckytheres no luck involved winning a race in motoGP, much less a champioship

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Burgess and Furusawa know how good Rossi is...

Quote Jeremy Burgess

"Valentino's reflexes and motor neurons are quicker than those of the other guys"

"Not falling is a sign a rider has a proper strategic reserve. No wins
championships by riding on the edge. I want my rider to win using 96%,
the other 4% are for when you really need them."

Quote Masmo Furusawa:

"Valentino is special. He is almost like analyzer or engineer and we talk with
each other so frequently but timing is a little bit different but talking the
same. he is so precise, we always check the computer with data, sometimes I
make mistake, always Valentino is correct."

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
don't worry...Jami will be along shortly to remind everyone that Rossi is terribly over rated and was, is, and never will be any good...despite his record.

Whats to worry??? Big Jami (tiny little guy on a straight pipe Harley) looks up to
Rossi... in fact he looks up to everyone...

·
Ride Naked!
503 Posts
yesyourerightrossisucksandonly21winsinthe800eraprovesheisntverygoodstonerhadmanyofthosewinsin2007(10IIRC)imnotdefendingrossibutconcedeheisthebestoverallracerofthisgenerationandamthrilledtoseehowhedoesontheducatiithinkyouwillseein2011thatrossiaintdeadyetburgessisobviouslypartofthesuccessbutrossiintheendistheoneridingthebike
LOL! You never cease to amuse me. :clapper

·
chimp on my shoulder
2,437 Posts
funniest response I've seen in quite a while.:woot:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts