Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in So. California, SpeedTV looks like crap. All the races (i.e., MotoGP, WSBK, AMA SBK) look like they are broadcast in sub-VHS quality. Is it just Comcast in my area, or is it like that everywhere else?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: How does SpeedTV look where you are? (No. 467)

The AMA races always look very crisp and clear. WSBK tends to be a little "grainy" looking sometimes, and lacking in rich color. MotoGP comes and goes. Sometimes it looks fine, other times it's blurry and fuzzy. (This is all from DirecTV)

I think it has more to do with the international satellite feed than anything else. If they all look bad on your TV, it's either your TV or your provider...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: How does SpeedTV look where you are? (AZ Scott)

I'm watching silverstone 1 right now on directtv and it looks perfect on the hdtv mits.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: How does SpeedTV look where you are? (Nero)

My TV is relatively new, so I guess it's just Comcast in this area. I wish Speed would actually broadcast the races in HD here. Even clear standard definition would acceptable. What I'm getting now is just crap.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

it's on satellite and it's perfect.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I have Dish. AMA is perfect. WSBK and MotoGP look like old reruns from Wide World of Sports....The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat...(skier goes flying off of a ramp)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: How does SpeedTV look where you are? (socal)

I got time warner HD digital cable, and it looks just fine :)

You wanna talk CRISPY CLEAR? Indy500 on ABCHD .. WOW.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: How does SpeedTV look where you are? (jbraslins)

running comcast digi .... every thing looks great ! as long as i can keep the ole lady out of the way !!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think the WSBK and MotoGP may be grainy due to the cameras they use across the pond. Have you ever noticed that every single British TV show looks like it was shot with the same $200 camcorder? What's up with that?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: (georgeb)

the BBC is above style and is full of content (bullshit)

Satellite Digital TV broadcast is the way to go.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: How does SpeedTV look where you are? (AZ Scott)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AZ Scott »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The AMA races always look very crisp and clear. WSBK tends to be a little "grainy" looking sometimes, and lacking in rich color. MotoGP comes and goes. Sometimes it looks fine, other times it's blurry and fuzzy. (This is all from DirecTV)

I think it has more to do with the international satellite feed than anything else. If they all look bad on your TV, it's either your TV or your provider...</TD></TR></TABLE>
Ditto: Comcast!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: How does SpeedTV look where you are? (tricklidz1)

holy shit ... you mean ... they actually broadcast something other than nascar?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: How does SpeedTV look where you are? (hubert)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hubert »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">holy shit ... you mean ... they actually broadcast something other than nascar? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Speed needs to be honest and change it's name to reflect that.

Nascar Channel

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it does not matter if it is broadcasted in HD because few if any of the races are filmed with HD equipment. Believe it or not, I believe the US is actually ahead of EU in terms of HD broadcast so don't expect F1 or MotoGP to adapt for at least a couple seasons.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: (jayhunter)

I watch on Cox Digital Cable....It's perfect viewing for me...

High Def is really not caught on in the racing arena..you want HD you gotta watch Football, baseball, or the discovery channel.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts