Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Does he bring Monster energy to Ducati?
2. Ducati lets him run the show and build the bike?
3. Ducati offers a Rossi L.E. GP replica for 2012?
4. Ducati offers a Rossi L.E. 1198R?
5. Will he change his colors to all red and drop the neon green?
6. He retires after 2012 or re-signs for 2013?
7. Ducati marketing goes bananas with potential?
8. Ducati bike sales reach record breaking numbers in 2011?
9. Ducati apparel sales reach record breaking numbers in 2011?
10. Ducati produces a AGV Ducati corse helmet and suit?

Add your own predictions for the next 2 seasons since his signing a new 2 yr deal.

·
This space for rent
1,478 Posts
I don't think he will win another championship, Lorenzo and Pedrosa are too strong at this point. Stoner may or may not be force on the Honda and I reckon Spies only gets stronger with factory backing.

At this point there is no word on whether Burgess will go to Ducati or stay to work with Spies.

As far as sales of stuff goes, Rossi definitely has plenty of sheep following him who have no interest in motorcycles so it would probably be t-shirt sales that would improve. Has anybody here ever seen a Rossi replica R1 on the street? I haven't so I don't think he affected sales much in the USA, but Ducati owners tend to be sheep like and all brand loyal so they may buy into an overpriced replica.

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
1. Does he bring Monster energy to Ducati?
2. Ducati lets him run the show and build the bike?
3. Ducati offers a Rossi L.E. GP replica for 2012?
4. Ducati offers a Rossi L.E. 1198R?
5. Will he change his colors to all red and drop the neon green?
6. He retires after 2012 or re-signs for 2013?
7. Ducati marketing goes bananas with potential?
8. Ducati bike sales reach record breaking numbers in 2011?
9. Ducati apparel sales reach record breaking numbers in 2011?
10. Ducati produces a AGV Ducati corse helmet and suit?

Add your own predictions for the next 2 seasons since his signing a new 2 yr deal.
Monster is with Rossi, not Fiat Yamaha so they'll probably go with him. They bought all the spots on his (and Uccio's) helmet, hats, etc etc. It was truly a unique deal to buy spots on his attire and helmet.

But without a doubt all the poser Ducati people will eat this shit up. It will be a cheesy replica, clothing line, gear line bonanza!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't think he will win another championship, Lorenzo and Pedrosa are too strong at this point. Stoner may or may not be force on the Honda and I reckon Spies only gets stronger with factory backing.

At this point there is no word on whether Burgess will go to Ducati or stay to work with Spies.

As far as sales of stuff goes, Rossi definitely has plenty of sheep following him who have no interest in motorcycles so it would probably be t-shirt sales that would improve. Has anybody here ever seen a Rossi replica R1 on the street? I haven't so I don't think he affected sales much in the USA, but Ducati owners tend to be sheep like and all brand loyal so they may buy into an overpriced replica.

Spies with Houseworth. I really doubt Burgess would end up with Spies. Burgess will be at DT with Vale.

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
It will be a giant blunder of Biblical proportions if Ducati don't homologate a new
V4 for WSBK in Rossi colors... and what could be sweeter if the little God spawn
himself races and wins a WSBK title on it... Ducati's future is set... just think a
V4 in your future better than the RC30 / RC45 / RSV4 / D16RR...

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Monster is with Rossi, not Fiat Yamaha so they'll probably go with him. They bought all the spots on his (and Uccio's) helmet, hats, etc etc. It was truly a unique deal to buy spots on his attire and helmet.

But without a doubt all the poser Ducati people will eat this shit up. It will be a cheesy replica, clothing line, gear line bonanza!

Another marketing thing Puma is probably licking their chops at right now!! A Ducati edition Puma VR46 shoe and Tees. I don't buy any apparel crap but talk to anyone on Ducati.ms LOL. Loads of posers over there.

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
I've personally never understood the allure of a racer-replica model. I suppose if they sell, they'll build them.

I've always preferred the simple Ducati colors, without any of the ridiculous graphic decals so beloved of the Japanese sportbikes.

Give me plain Ducati red (or that gorgeous matt black 848) color any day.

I've also never understood the "collector" attraction to signed gas tanks, or limited edition plaques or any of that nonsense.

Plain, simple...this is how it should be done, IMO....

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've personally never understood the allure of a racer-replica model. I suppose if they sell, they'll build them.

I've always preferred the simple Ducati colors, without any of the ridiculous graphic decals so beloved of the Japanese sportbikes.

I've also never understood the "collector" attraction to signed gas tanks, or limited edition plaques or any of that nonsense.

Me neither. I agree. And about busy little shops V4 in rossi colors comment. Talk about Über Gay!! LOL a neon yellow Duc.:banghead I just hope Rossi and Hayden don't rock those Mohegan haircuts next year.

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
For the record, I bought my 04 RC because it was the only year they sold them with the bare aluminum frame, instead of the black frame here in the US. While it may be a replica, the only thing different is the sticker under the clearcoat on the tank that u can't take off. I feel better now.:eek:

·
Registered
92 Posts

+1 I have never seen the point in paying an extra grand or two for a replica paint job, except for the Hayden 848 but that may just be the fact that the 848/1198 would look good even if is was painted hot pink with brown stripes. BTW I love the 996, my friend has a 99' 996 that looks just like that and I have been jealous since the day he bought it.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts

yep, what he said.
Race replicas on street bike plastic , with the headlights and tail lights and signals, just looks dumb to me....just my opinion, no offense to those here that have these bikes.

·
This space for rent
1,478 Posts
Spies with Houseworth. I really doubt Burgess would end up with Spies. Burgess will be at DT with Vale.

Why not? Burgess was going to stay with Honda if they would let him work with Hayden, by the time Honda said okay he signed with Yamaha and Rossi. Who's to say he doesn't want to win another championship with a rider new to him?

In my opinion Rossi screwed the pooch when he gave Yamaha the it's him or me ultimatum and then promptly broke his leg after getting beat by Lorenzo. He backed himself into a corner, and frankly at this point I don't see Lorenzo getting slower.

The Bridgestone tech that they had on during one of the practice shows with Toby Moody and Julian Ryder said Lorenzo manages his tires better than any other rider on the grid, his tires are in better shape at the end of the race because he is the smoothest rider out there now.

I wish Rossi well and I think he will win some races with Ducati but I just don't see him winning anymore championships, but if I'm wrong it wouldn't be the first time.

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
If Rossi could be persuaded to actually physically sign say, 500 gas tanks or tail sections that would go on the limited editions, Ducati could probably charge $5000 extra for those bike and would sell every one instantly.

I don't think everyone has grapsed the marketing blizzard that Valentino Rossi and Ducati are going to unleash upon the world.

This is not unlike Schumacher going to Ferrari in 1996. While they didn;t win right away, in retrospect Todt, Brawn, and MS pulled Ferrari out of the doldrums and reasserted it as the #1 brand in motorsports.

Rossi is going to become the face of Ducati for as long as he wants to. There will be #46 stuff to buy for the next 10 years.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts