Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you say it's worth a 4 hour trip each way? I've never done it, only the main course, and I see NESBA just opened up 2 weekend days.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: How do you guys like Summit Point JC? (GoodKnight)

I like JC, but a 4 hour drive each way? Hell no. It's 1.1 miles

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: How do you guys like Summit Point JC? (Rookie)

was there a month ago and had a blast, ran clockwise wich is slower then ccw. switched to 15-42 for it after starting 15-41. definatly a fun course cause you end up running a st!t load of laps. lots of time to work on lines, body position or anything else. dont know about driving down the same day, i went the day before and stayed the night after. was very tired at the end of the day after doing well over 100 laps, probably closer to 120.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

it's a nice track but you will have to drive the night before and check http://www.gogoracers.com or http://www.nysbcsportbikeclub.com when you do track days with those guys you get a lot's of track time.....that's why DougS. did close to 120 laps
I think JC is a better track for a 600cc bike.

GoodKnight you're in S.Plfld right...? I'm in Dunellen and my mother in law lives in S.Plfld. you know a kid name Jonh he had a blue R1,parents lived on maple ave..?
it's being a while since I saw him. anyway give me a call and I can hook you guys up with a nice club with a lot track time. 908-803-8968. c-ya

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks man. I'm signed up for 2 more days with NESBA and 1 more day with TeamPromotion for the year. I want to try and squeeze in at least 1 more if I can.

A bunch of us are going to Stewarts on Route 22 today if you're free. I'll be there from 6-7ish. Lots of TPM guys show up there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (GoodKnight)

The track can be very slippery in the am prior to lunch. If there is a heavy dew or it rains it is SLICK! The FBI and other orgs train there and they sometimes spread peanut oil on the track to make things difficult for them. The last turn before the straight on a CW rotation is off camber big time, be careful.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (Mike0251)

It's also a good work out being a small track. No rest! Ruff on a hot sumemr day!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Talking for me, myself and I,
I like JC better than Main. I like the tech curves better than the high speed, late braking stuff, that is,until I can learn to do that high speed, late braking chit well.

Dirtyred likes Main better than JC and she is faster than me on Main, but not on JC.

You are going to have favorites on either side.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

JC is short and very technical. My friend hates the course cause it beats you physically. There is a slight carosel with a decreasing radius turn at the end which you have to hit correctly or you'll screw up the next section which are down hill esses into a sharp left, off camber turn.

4hrs away? Thats a toss up...if you end up liking the course than Yes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: How do you guys like Summit Point JC? (tegr)

All I know is, is that lots of Jersey NESBA members come to JC everytime it is open for track days. It is a popular track, and it is fun. It is defenetly a work out on an RC51 though. I like the track, and I am sure you will too. Chill out for the first two sessions, and you should make it through the rest of the sessions just fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts