Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Starter sprag replacement spring

Whoa there big guy....... maybe you should get a service manual or at least a parts guide, so as to save yourself a lot of time and get it correct the first time.

I'm not being sarcastic, but at least you won't need to commit everything to memory when putting things back together.

The spring is behind the flywheel on the end of the crank. Be careful in putting the flywheel nut on, they've been a real problem coming loose.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yah, I see what you mean, I never heard of the sprag clutch before and I got the Haynes, Desmotimes and Ducati Factory shop manual. I was having trouble finding what I needed to do. For some reason I was thinking it was internal to the starter instead of on the crank so if anybody wants to know what the inside of their starter looks like thats it:rolleyes: , It was kind of cool seeing how it works, Anyway I googled ducati sprag clutch and came across a fellow's website that did the same thing and then I figured it out. No worries, live and learn I guess. On the bright side, that seemed to fix the problem so I am real happy about it. Thanks for chiming in though.:rockon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts