Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: How can I talk the wife into letting me have this (bruntr)

My first impulse is to respond "If you have to ask the question, then you probably don't want to hear the answer, which is you can't talk her into it."

I have owned three bikes each of which I bought without my wife's approval. Over time the bike became a valued member of the family but by that time I would be itching for something new and the cycle would begin anew.

Your wife probably either understands your need to have an expensive bike or she doesn't. If she does then great. If she doesn't understand your obsession then you will probably never convince her using words.

One method that does work is to get her a bike of her own and some lessons so she can see what it is all about! If she tries it and likes it then she will understand where you are coming from.

Art

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Very politely ask her to leave?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: How can I talk the wife into letting me have this (998R)

take it home if she throws you out of the house you will still have the bike.

just buy a sleeping bag in case

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: How can I talk the wife into letting me have this (998R)

have you forgotten your place, its a mans world! just bring it home and she'll have to deal with it.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: How can I talk the wife into letting me have this (mortoduc)

I will cut you a smokin deal on a set of riding pants and then you can be the one to wear them in the family

(Just kidding)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bruntr »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How do I talk the wife into this?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I saw this and loaded up my brain with all sorts of smart-ass stuff to say....

... then I thought.... No, Layne... be a good boy.

I'm the wrong guy to ask right now.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: How can I talk the wife into letting me have this (Mental998)

im not married, but in a strong commited relationship. i haved learned that women get pissed at anything they do not like but you do. just buy it! they can only be mad for sooo long. and if she dont like it she can leave.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: How can I talk the wife into letting me have this (SloppyJoe)

Overwhelming Force.....Be the man

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Just remember this:

It's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for Permission..

Just come home with it and see what happens. That's what I did with my new 999. :)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: How can I talk the wife into letting me have this (drthompson65)

Tell her you bought it for her...then...when she says she doesn't want it you can say that you may as well have it to save waisting it

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: How can I talk the wife into letting me have this (SloppyJoe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SloppyJoe »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im not married, but in a strong commited relationship. i haved learned that women get pissed at anything they do not like but you do. just buy it! they can only be mad for sooo long. and if she dont like it she can leave.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

i agree. if your wife or my wife for that matter is so petty that she would leave me if i bought a bike i say good bye. buy the bike.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: How can I talk the wife into letting me have this (oneducs)

my wife really doesn't care what i buy. it is all about the money, if i can sell some stuff or another bike to trade in. whatever, as long as i don't spend too much money. she wants me to have whatever i want. i'm sure your wife does too. find out the right way to approach a woman, and you will be set. until you screw it up some other way.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: How can I talk the wife into letting me have this (cdansan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cdansan »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">. it is all about the money, </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ding, ding , ding.... we have a winner.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: How can I talk the wife into letting me have this (cdansan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cdansan »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">.... i'm sure your wife does too. find out the right way to approach a woman, and you will be set. until you screw it up some other way.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well your "the other way" usually happens, and then you continue to learn

the other non-macho guy theme is- does she realize the importance of this hobby to me?

but then the questions we forget to ask ourselves out of lust
does is hurt my family or our future goals?
Will she continue to build up resentment- as i continue t fullfill my needs and she has not / or has not yet defined (what those are for her in her own mind and started making it "real" / she has lost her initial interests (but they need found)

if any of these are true....she feels it ...whether or not she expresses it...it may be an argument tomorrow, next month, OR NO SEX.......or Divorce- ouch- oh that was me...sorry

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: How can I talk the wife into letting me have this (Mental998)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mental998 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Ding, ding , ding.... we have a winner.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

and here I was thinking
USA women were different
to our women?
<FONT SIZE="6"><FONT COLOR="red">wrong</FONT></FONT>

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: How can I talk the wife into letting me have this (kell749)

I do believe they are the same everywhere, pink on the inside.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
maybe I am the wrong guy to ask...but my wife bought my Buell for me....so I say tell her to go get it for you. (I did however buy her and modify the hellout of a M750 in return)....

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: (Judge)

I'm sure there is a good reason why she doesn't want you to get the bike, you just aren't telling the whole story. If she is just saying no to be mean, then get the bike. If she is saying no because you can't afford it and you will be hurting your family by doing so, then don't get it.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

I've always lived by the belief that's it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is for permission.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts