Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Rising Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock '04 RC51 and I was wondering if there was a way to clean the brown discoloration on the pipe.

Also...Do the aftermarket slip-on pipes display less of this "browning" than the stock pipes??

Thanks in Advance!

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I posted this info before, but so what. Any number of stainless steel polishes will do the job . I use CeramaBryte which is a gentle yet effective cleaner designed primarily for ceramic stove tops. I does an amazing job on the mid-pipe.

·
Rising Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nomo said:
I posted this info before, but so what. Any number of stainless steel polishes will do the job . I use CeramaBryte which is a gentle yet effective cleaner designed primarily for ceramic stove tops. I does an amazing job on the mid-pipe.
Nomo,

Just to make sure, I'm assuming you use the formulation for Stainless Steel, not Ceramics.

Also, did you have to order it or can you get it at "Wally World"?

Thanks!

·
RC51-less Member
6,675 Posts
thatkindasux said:
get rid of the stock cans and put a set of good aftermarket pipes on it... problem solved!
Aftermarket discolors too. My right Yosh pipe is turning. Ti seems to turn less than stainless. MotoGP cones off the headers would solve the problem........:wtf:D

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Here another cheap trick.. you can paint the inside of the mid pipes with a high heat white paint and it will stave it off for a while... if you can take the smell! The JetHot coating works very well but it's fairly expensive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts