Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
$3.59.9 for 87 Octane in Alexandria, VA. It cost $56.50 to fill up my "small" Blazer yesterday.

Time to break out the scooter.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Just trying to buy gas here is more of a problem than the price. Some have waited 5 hours + to be told sorry we're out. I was lucky friday and a good friend had 150 gallons he had went north 100 miles from here and bought at a farm co-op. I filled my V-Strom up, our power came back on friday night, I had 4 gallons left that was for the generator that I will use when the V-Strom needs a re-fill week after next. It is not forecasted to get much better here at least for another week or so. I have not left my house since friday, gas is like gold and I need it to go to work. Average price is around $3.19 to $3.49 for regular. My wifes hospital is giving out vouchers for their people and encouraging car pooling, it's pretty bad here right now. Good old days are gone, no more sunday morning joy rides.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I about crapped the other day because it took $9.00 to fill up the 996. And that was before Katrina! I'm more and more glad I have my 1989 Honda CRX that gets 40.1 mpg...if the A/C ain't on.

CNN said that oil is down to $64/bbl. again. Let's see how long it takes for prices to fall at the pump.:banghead

·
Registered
983 Posts
I love the high gas prices. Serious. I wish it were 5 bucks a gallon!

This country needs to wake the phuck up! Hummers, Avalanches, Excursions!? I have zero sympathy for the guy that drives the beautiful full size dodge, that's never towed anything, never seen a mud puddle, and never carried anything in the back on his completely pristine bed liner! The same guy that bitches like crazy that he can't fill up his ride for less than a hundred dollar bill. But he's a real man. I love it.

I love pulling up to a gas station in my Mini Cooper and having some Jethro lookin' ******* ask me "What kinda mileage you get with that?", while he's gassing up his 8.1 ltr Chevy extended cab.

"Well, Rocket, I need to tow my bike!"
Yeah? Well be a man. You know what a man tows his bike with? A 1998 Pontiac Trans Sport Minivan! That's what! A V6 that carries 7 people. What a novel concept! Is it cool? Nope. Do I give two rat shits? Nope.

I know a guy spending $100 a week in gas (I bet we all do). That's $400 a month! Do the math:

$450 truck payment (I lowballed it)
$400 in gas = $850 a month

$200 car payment (a decent 4 cylinder)
$200 in gas = $400 a month

That's $450 a month this guy would be saving if he'd just swallow his stupid pride and buy a Civic, Echo, Cobalt, Focus, etc... to get him to and from work!

Don't even get me started on tapping into the Federal Reserve so we can lower gas prices again. That would be just what I'd expect from a man with the mental capacity of our beloved GW.

Higher gas prices will start to force the auto makers (especially domestic) to make cars more efficient. Let's get on with saving the fossile fuels for industry and recreation, and leaving the commuting to alternate fueled vehicles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts