so far what?

Rossi to Ducati
We now know Stoner to Honda
Colin to Xerox WSBK
Spies to Fiat factory

·
Registered
806 Posts
Colin to Xerox WSBK? now that would be awesome indeed!

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Rumor mill here says Yamaha has managed to convince Davide Brivio to stay as a team manager and that Jeremy Burgess has already signed to be Ben Spies' chief engineer. Also Rossi would take only his telemetry engineer to Ducati: all the rest of the staff is staying with Burgess and Spies at the factory Yamaha team.

Disclaimer: these are just rumors. They come from a usually reliable source but take them with caution until the official announcement.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Didn't Burgess just recently say he would follow Rossi to Ducati if he left? Why would Burgess finish out his career with Spies instead of Rossi?

Colin to Xerox, :rockon

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
I can see Edwards to Xerox, but only if Yamaha folds up the WSBK team. If the R1 is still raced my guess is Crutchlow and Edwards switch places.

I don't see Haga back on a Ducati next year, maybe he retires.

I don't think it would happen, but my ideal lineups would be:
Yamaha: Toseland & Edwards
Suzuki: Guintoli, T Hayden & Haslam
Aprilia1: Biaggi & Camier
Aprilia2: Smrz & Haga
BMW1: Corser & Fabrizio
BMW2: Davies & Kallio
Ducati1: Checa & Fabrizio
Ducati2: Xaus & Byrne
Honda: Rea & E Laverty
Kawasaki: Sykes, Hopkins, & Vermuelen

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
I thought I heard that Colin was going to retire...I know Biaggi is like 39 but I just do not think Edwards has the youth needed to compete anymore...not knocking him as I am a fan, just saying!

·
Registered
839 Posts
I've heard a lot of Crutclow to MotoGP talk, but I think he'd be better of staying another year in WSBK. He's been fast, but pretty inconsistent this year.

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
I trust that was tongue in cheek.
Successful in a sense that he wasn't relegated back to WSBK immediately cuz he sucked like Bayliss had to. But yeah, he wasn't a proven winner in GPs, that's for sure. Being Rossi's buttbuddy and development guy prolonged his career by at least 3 years.:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Didn't Burgess just recently say he would follow Rossi to Ducati if he left? Why would Burgess finish out his career with Spies instead of Rossi?

Yes, during the British round he was on the Aussie coverage show on ONE HD and he said he would go with Rossi I think...

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I can see Edwards to Xerox, but only if Yamaha folds up the WSBK team. If the R1 is still raced my guess is Crutchlow and Edwards switch places.

I don't see Haga back on a Ducati next year, maybe he retires.

I don't think it would happen, but my ideal lineups would be:
Yamaha: Toseland & Edwards
Didn't Toseland and Edwards have a major falling out in MotoGP? I don't that is ever going to happen.

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Read something yesterday in RRW that said BMW wants to go to MotoGP in 2012. Put Melandri on a BMW superbike for one year in 2011 and then move him back to GP with their entry into that series.

Melandri and Corser would be a formidable team in WSBK next year.

BMW=ugly but fast.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Ya, where the heck is Haga going next year? I need him to win a championship for once for the love of god. Put him on the V4 :D

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
1 - 20 of 80 Posts