Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is a re-post,,,,don't remember ever reading anything about it,,,,but looks like there will be a new track in the Houston area, MotorSport Ranch Houston:woot: ,,,and not to far of a drive for me. I'm not sure how far along it has come so far, but I read on another forum that the pavement has already been laid.

Check it out, http://www.msrhouston.com/home

Looks like it's going to be a good one!!!!!!:rockon

·
Registered
377 Posts
Absoltutely! I'm close to downtown Houston so the drive is farther for me, but it's still only about 45-ish minutes from what I've heard. The final round of paving was supposed to done by today. Macman has already inquired about us/LSTD holding track days there next year. The wife and I are going to be taking a drive up over there tomorrow around mid-day to check it out. I'll take some pics and post 'em back here for grins.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
MSR in Cresson Will have anew section hopefully next month.. Ill be there Monday and take some pics if i can... They are going to have some good elevations!!!:rockon

MSR Houston Looks good too.. you can have 6 different tracks there!!! :clapper

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
The long ass sweeper before a long ass stragiht (turn 12) does look like some MAJOR knee dragging real estate.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Giannis said:
MSR in Cresson Will have anew section hopefully next month.. Ill be there Monday and take some pics if i can... They are going to have some good elevations!!!:rockon
Indeed! The new section of MSR-Cresson looks to be VERY technical... lots of off camber stuff with elevation changes of 70 feet. :eek: Apparently, one particular corner is relatively comparable to the corkscrew at Laguna. We'll see... but in any case it should be interesting.

·
Registered
377 Posts
The drive took me 35 minutes from driveway to driveway. Gotta love it. :D

It's hard to get a perspective of the track, but here are some pics anyway. Short of one area that has a small "hill"... or rise I should say, it is entirely flat. The track is still going to be wider because the 3rd section of track has not been laid down yet... so it will be even wider than in these pics. There will also be nice, wide curbing on the inside of the corners and run-off room is incredible.

Lots of fast sections and really tight stuff. Some double and one triple-apex corner that you basically treat as one big corner. Pretty cool and choosing the proper line will be VERY important... but if you get it right it should feel like a million bucks. That big circle of a right-hander seems even loooooooooooooooonger than it looks. It reminds me of the big, long right-hander you see at Brainerd at the AMA round. We went for a ride in a turbocharged, all-wheel-drive Subaru with DOT track rubber on it. FUN.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts