Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
If they sell a ton of them and it funds their sportbike range and the racing efforts, I can't see it as a bad thing.

On HFL someone mentioned the Cayenne as another abomination. The Boxster and Cayenne saved them financially. Everyone thinks of a 911 when you say Porsche, but if the 911 was all they sold they likely wouldn't exist today.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
You caught part of the meaning, the other one being that no matter how good it is, if it doesn't say Harley on the tank, that über-knowledgeable crowd won`t want any part of it.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
240 rear tire? Pussy!

I need at least a 280.

And you better bring it with the carbon fiber conchos and magnesium fringe!

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Tough to tell from the photo but looks to be a power cruiser , more stretched standard/drag bike than lazy lounger . Knowing Ducati , it won't weigh 700 pounds , and it'll rip . With a 1300+cc twin , cam chains vs. belts , and conventional tappets , I'd be interested .

·
Registered
651 Posts
Tough to tell from the photo but looks to be a power cruiser , more stretched standard/drag bike than lazy lounger . Knowing Ducati , it won't weigh 700 pounds , and it'll rip . With a 1300+cc twin , cam chains vs. belts , and conventional tappets , I'd be interested .
good points, looks to have decent ground clearance as well....

·
I'll fix it.
2,249 Posts
At least I am not the only one still having nightmares about that contraption:

I never even knew these existed till I saw a 650 outside of a biker bar in 97. I thought it was a virago at 1st, but then I spotted the belt covers. I must have walked around it 3 times trying to figure out what it was.:wtf

·
Registered
342 Posts
I love how the comments about the baby-boomers. My dad (64) just had both of his knees replaced SO he could keep riding his 888 (along with walking without pain).

Not being able to see it from the side, i can't really comment on how it looks. The rear is ugly IMHO. But i'm sure it will find a niche with the "I don't want a sportbike but i don't want a harley" crowd

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
Other than the silly rear tire, I think it'll probably be quite cool to ride.
Kinda Vmax cross Monster cross BKing thing.

At least it doesn't have the foot forward VRod abomination of the riding position going on...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts