Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if it is normal that there is HOT air coming from my fairing on the left front, it blows right on my leg and gets really really hot if i am not moving above 35....i felt it yesterday when i was riding and then this morning? could this be an exhaust leak or just normal? any help would really be appreciated as i am going to be getting the bike serviced soon and would love to have an idea of what could be causing this.

Jesse

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: hot air coming from left lower fairing? (jesse_k)

Hey gents, i'm not trying to be a smart azz here, but if you think about it....the motor is right there. The motor is moving and frictions is happening so yes, it will get hot. It happens to me. If you get really worried about it, then when this is happening, pull over and check the temp gauge and see what it says. I would not worry too much about this, unless flames are shooting out..then I would be a little worried. I hope this helps you out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: hot air coming from left lower fairing? (jesse_k)

Totaly normal I noticed when I first got my bike it happens to me when I go for long rides and when the Bike temp is around 230+ so its normal just hope you dont wear sandals or regular shoes

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: hot air coming from left lower fairing? (fattony)

nope, i always wear gear, I just felt it when i was sitting on the bike moving it from the street to the backyard with my Jeans and shoes on (no sox) that was why I thought it weird.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What was the engine temp?

If your fans kicked on, you might have felt the left fan blowing the hot air on to your leg.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (BEANS)

Alright, I figured out what the problem is, I have an exhaust leak right next to where my left foot is, it is where my Moriwaki exhaust connects and by the looks of it it just needs to be pushed back on. Does anyone know if there is any problem bringing this to be done at a honda dealership even though the pipes are not honda?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (jesse_k)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jesse_k »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Alright, I figured out what the problem is, I have an exhaust leak right next to where my left foot is, it is where my Moriwaki exhaust connects and by the looks of it it just needs to be pushed back on. Does anyone know if there is any problem bringing this to be done at a honda dealership even though the pipes are not honda?</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you have a good relationship with your dealer, I don't see why they wouldn't help you out either for a fee or free. I get the same hot air on the left side only around my lower leg/ankle area. I don't hear an exhuast leak but it wont hurt to check it out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you take the time to look,there are openings underneath the radiator(s) on RC51 fairings. While traveling at speed as air passes over these openings and creates an area of low pressure, similar to an airplane wing. This low pressure area, in conjunction with whatever positive air pressure that exists from air being forced into the front of the fairings keeps constant air circulation over the radiators/engine area. The air that exits the lower openings is probably the hot air you are feeling on your ankles. Trade in your flip-flops & shorts for some boots & leathers and you won't even notice it

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (Wrist Rocket)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Wrist Rocket »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you take the time to look,there are openings underneath the radiator(s) on RC51 fairings. While traveling at speed as air passes over these openings and creates an area of low pressure, similar to an airplane wing. This low pressure area, in conjunction with whatever positive air pressure that exists from air being forced into the front of the fairings keeps constant air circulation over the radiators/engine area. The air that exits the lower openings is probably the hot air you are feeling on your ankles. Trade in your flip-flops & shorts for some boots & leathers and you won't even notice it
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Correction, left ankle only
I'll save my flip flops and shorts for whenever I have to move the bike in and out of the garage or off the driveway to make room for other cars. I'll keep the boots and suit for everything else.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.