Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
He needs to just go the fvck away... Win it or bin it riding styles are passé. You need consistency to do well with current racing trends combined with the electronic riders aids and he just doesn't have what it takes to compete at that level.

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Too bad he was never good enough to win a few for all the ones he binned.

The guy has always been a throttle monkey that would override his bike and his talent. He was over his head basically his whole MotoGP career. One decent season (2007) when many of the top riders had terrible Michelin rubber doesn't make him a great rider.

Doesn't the latest Shoei Hopkins replica helmet already have asphalt scratches on the side and a few pieces of gravel in the liner?

BTW, it will be interesting to see how his old teammate the Mole does on the BMW CRT bike in the next round.

·
Street and Track Moderator
3,888 Posts
He rode extremely well last year in BSB and showed some heart beating back some personal deamons... I like that and will continue to root for the guy...

Too bad he was never good enough to win a few for all the ones he binned.

The guy has always been a throttle monkey that would override his bike and his talent. He was over his head basically his whole MotoGP career. One decent season (2007) when many of the top riders had terrible Michelin rubber doesn't make him a great rider.

Doesn't the latest Shoei Hopkins replica helmet already have asphalt scratches on the side and a few pieces of gravel in the liner?

BTW, it will be interesting to see how his old teammate the Mole does on the BMW CRT bike in the next round.

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
He rode extremely well last year in BSB and showed some heart beating back some personal deamons... I like that and will continue to root for the guy...
It may sound contrary to what I originally posted, but I too took some enjoyment to seeing him have success in BSB. But he is more of a national-caliber rider these days than world level.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Diamond Johnny's too concerned about which earing goes with his Oakleys to worry about setup.......:rolleyes:

Semper Fi!

-Rocky-

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.