Speedzilla Forums banner

Hopkins

2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  veetwinducati 
#1 ·
Hopkins claimed a best finish of seventh in 2003, sixth in 2004, fifth in 2005 and fourth in 2006

Best finish to date in 2007? that's right, third :D

#7 · (Edited)
i wonder

Hopkins, the one tie I met and raced him, he was just another guy in the garages. I wonder if he were to have the exact type of season and results as Nicky did last year, would there be the same amount of love & hate?

I would enjoy watching him score a few wins this year...I like his balls. That sounded bad but i had to leave it in there for a laugh at my own sake....lets rephrase...he has some guts!

#9 ·
What percentage would you guys give the likelihood of Hopkins ever winning a race or championship in his career?

I would put it at:
60% for at least one win.
10% for a championship if he ever switches to Honda, Ducati, or Yamaha.
0% if he stays on the Suzuki.

#11 ·
chances of him winning a race this season are more like 85% if not higher in my opinion, he's got the zook sorted, it's just those front runners he'll have to muscle through (very possible, he's tussled with rossi before)

good to see his hard work pay off!

#14 ·
Quick quiz

In the active MotoGP field, there have been twenty one riders race this year.

-Thirteen have won races in the MotoGP/500GP championship series.

-Of the remaining eight riders, five have multiple wins in either WSBK, 125, or 250.

-Of the remaining three, two are on B-squad privateer teams with little chance to win. One of these is a rookie as well, but has already led a GP this year.

-There is only a single rider without a win in any major series ever in his career, now with several years of experience and continuity on his team. His ride is also one of ten full-factory rides, where he gets the best his manufacturer can produce.

Can you name who this rider is?

#16 ·
The Suzuki at Le Mans was within 1kmh of the Ducati top speed, they also have what appear to presently be the best tyres. If Hoppers actually has the "x" factor that makes a winner then surely this season it must happen?

We all know he is a hell of a rider? But with a package like he has right now it really is time for him to be fighting for wins.:twocents

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.