Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is what I hoped to see when 250GP turned into Moto2. Different ideas that have a chance of eventually proving to be better. Hopefully they can do some testing with decent times and get a team to take a chance on the chassis.

They are also going to make a street version as well. Very expensive no doubt as all Vyrus are. Too bad they can't just make a chassis & bodywork kit that uses the engine, shock, wheels, brakes, switchgear, etc of the CBR600RR for a super-cool streetbike.

Edit: I looked up the original Bimota patent and it appears to have expired in 2006.
Patent Images

Attachments

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Hello ! That's brilliant . Amazing that scientologists:( were capable of designing this machine .

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
First impression:
Tron Legacy

·
Registered
240 Posts
This is what I hoped to see when 250GP turned into Moto2. Different ideas that have a chance of eventually proving to be better. Hopefully they can do some testing with decent times and get a team to take a chance on the chassis.
Same here with the hopes.

To my best knowledge the M2 will not be raced regularly in the 2011 season and hopefully we'll get to see it participating as wild card at Mezzano.

whether it's raced or not whether it wins or gets to see a podium, whatever it does it's an amazing piece of art.

Full image galery of the M2 here:
Vyrus 986 M2 live al Motor Bike Expo 2011

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
Very, very cool.

One day, forks will be a forgotten memory, as will exposed chain drive. Both are highly refined and currently still the state of the art for race/sport bikes, but it will change. That kind of change is good, IMO. :)

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I keep looking at this bike and thinking about a kit. New frame, front suspension w/wheel, exhaust, bodywork, and swingarm. Make it for the 600RR to start, but obviously versions of it could be made for virtually anything. Sell the kit for maybe $12-15k. Add a wrecked donor bike and have an ultra cool motorcycle for roughly the price of an 1198S.

Tesi-style front end with a built BMW S1000RR engine and all the electronic goodies. Would that get anyone's attention?

If the patents are expired, everything should be fair game.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Very, very cool.

One day, forks will be a forgotten memory, as will exposed chain drive. Both are highly refined and currently still the state of the art for race/sport bikes, but it will change. That kind of change is good, IMO. :)
Yes, was hoping BMW would make a viable kick at a alternative suspension and shaft drive superbike with the S1000RR but we simply aren't there yet.

Close enough imo to buy the current crop when you consider the performance numbers match early 2000 performance levels. ( R12S & HP2 v. RC51, similar - better power and weight). More than enough performance for me. But for outright top numbers today it's still the prevue of chain and telescopic suspension. Still I wonder how far off we really are if the majors started tossing serious funds at it. Sadly Honda, the most likely company besides BMW to capitilize on this tech, won't since it's in major conservative mode these decades.

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
First impression: Ugly, overcomplicated, heavy, weird, oh and ugly.

What happens when you have a lowside and bend one of those push-pull rods? You have to ride the rest of the race with crooked bars? Actually, since there are rods on both sides, you'll probably just have steering linkages that are binding and will eventually snap. God forbid you shear off those little M6 bolts at the front that connect everything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts