Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some day, I might even put my big boy pants on and ride it around, but for now I just wheel it outside once in a while to polish it and take pictures.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. There's a bit of history behind the bike, too. Apparently, the engine has set land speed records in streamliners out on the salt, and the body work has a cool, if unverified story behind it-

Back in the early '70's, some fellow in the UK decided to turn a Titan into a cafe racer, so before he bought the bike, he went out and got the tank, seat/ tail, fender and cowl and had them all painted up. Life happened, and he never got a bike to put them on. Fast forward to '99 or so, and his estate puts the bits up for auction after his death. Some gent in St. George UT wins the auction and has the stuff shipped over, and then sits on it for 11 years, then sells it to the guy I bought the bike from. Not sure if it's true, but it's a cool story, and I suspect they're actual vintage period pieces because the parts don't have any production tags or markings on them as you see on any of the repro's on the market.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts