Registered
5,440 Posts
That's what she said...........

Semper Fi! :rockon

-Rocky-

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Brilliant... instead of moving heavy and spinning gears you only move the internal
mechanism...

Honda's new gear box is superior to the old design... not a problem...

V4s are superior to I4s... PROBLEM!!!

Notice the stacked gears in a V4 design... not a problem...

·
chimp on my shoulder
2,437 Posts
look, captain obvious has shown up:rolleyes: :D
and so has lord douche nozzle. not my fault you couldn't make sense of the technical drawings. it actually is a very simplistic design, and anybody that has ever seen a centrifugal clutch would recognize the design and it's elegant simplicity instantly.

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
and so has lord douche nozzle. not my fault you couldn't make sense of the technical drawings. it actually is a very simplistic design, and anybody that has ever seen a centrifugal clutch would recognize the design and it's elegant simplicity instantly.
if you could get out of your condescending ego's way you would have seen the jest in my post:(

suprised somebody of your level has the time to grace this forum, thought you would be elsewhere telling other how smart you are Jarred LMAO

·
chimp on my shoulder
2,437 Posts
I'm surprised somebody of your level of banality continues to grace this forum with tragic entertainment and prove how obtuse you truly are. If you can't handle the condescension you have begotten upon yourself then perhaps you should not act in a condescending way towards others. that is all I have to say to you.

now lets move on and get back on topic.

·
Registered
936 Posts
All I have to say is thank God Larry posted simply explaining how the new gearbox is a perfect mesh with the almighty V4 droner. Since Larry could not make heads or tails of the first gearbox drawing he posted one of his well worn plagiarized scans (which he doesn't quite understand either).

Edit: I see that Larry actually used a new scan from the article. Good to see new and innovative ways to inject V4 drivel into every single thread. Make sure you save them Larry to make repetitive inane points in the future.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
what they need to do to make it downshift, is rotate the oposite dogs so they are all pointed in the same direction, that way it could "slip" back into engaugement on the downshift...

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
All I have to say is thank God Larry posted simply explaining how the new gearbox is a perfect mesh with the almighty V4 droner. Since Larry could not make heads or tails of the first gearbox drawing he posted one of his well worn plagiarized scans (which he doesn't quite understand either).

Edit: I see that Larry actually used a new scan from the article. Good to see new and innovative ways to inject V4 drivel into every single thread. Make sure you save them Larry to make repetitive inane points in the future.

i want to see these new larry pix again man:D

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Make sure you save them Larry to make repetitive inane points in the future.
Good point duc... I'll save them for the next V4 can't have a stacked gear box debate...

·
Once bitten twice shy...
1,980 Posts
I don't know how he manages to squeeze that bullshit in on every other thread... Oh I know. It has nothing to fawkin do with the threads AT ALL. So it makes it pretty damn simple to just cram that shit in anywhere.

I've never considered putting anyone on the Ignore list, and there are some real idiots around here... Larry is awful damn close.

·
chimp on my shoulder
2,437 Posts
what they need to do to make it downshift, is rotate the oposite dogs so they are all pointed in the same direction, that way it could "slip" back into engaugement on the downshift...
I thought about that too, but I see a couple of problems with that.
1st) it might completely do away with engine braking 'cause then it would effectively ratchet and freewheel like on a bicycle.
2nd) because of said ratcheting the transition from back torque to on throttle would probably be very abrupt and shock load the contact patch. (snatchy)

at any rate I'm sure they have thought about all of this and will have it sorted shortly.

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Larry , didn't you promise us a " Springtime oil debate " so you can extoll the benefits of using snowmobile oil in a sportbike or in your case sport-tourer ?:p
I did promise a Oil thread to end all oil threads... I'm installing a digital oil
pressure gauge to prove my case about 0-30 but I've had a set back with
sealing the oil sensor in the valley of the V4 not to mention needing Honda parts
like all new hoses and O rings and throttle body boots... standby Pudknockers...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.