Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many of you on here have an rc45 as im looking to add one to my collection.
is there anything to look for on them that can cause problems.
is there any differences in ones from different countries lower hp etc due to emissions laws etc.
any help would be great.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
look if your not a fan of the rc45 then please dont reply.
and if you have nothing constructive to say dont bother.

·
Registered
651 Posts
seriously?

all one has to do is SEARCH "rc45" and about 500 threads will come up with diagrams, schematics, blueprints, custom parts, belt drives, tits, and beer.

No need to start a new thread about this..... lock it up please!!:banghead

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Trollicious

For many people here, saying RC45 is like waving a red flag in front of a bull, or a steak in front of a starving pit bull, or a brand spanking new Ann Taylor credit card in front of my wife...

Another piece of advice for the new guy. Please wait at least 100 posts before chastising people.

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
how many of you on here have an rc45 as im looking to add one to my collection.
is there anything to look for on them that can cause problems.
is there any differences in ones from different countries lower hp etc due to emissions laws etc.
any help would be great.
There are 2 RC45 owners that are vocal on the board... myself and
Aus_RC45... the rest just lurk...

Looking at an prospective RC45 is just like looking at any other used Honda
except of the cost... thats why it would pay to have a guide handy and thats
where I can help... I've been dealing with RC45 since 98 and people send their
prize 45s to the Busy Little Shop for maintenance and mods... this ain't the
bike a Honda Dealer really understands... and very few after market
companies ever anted up a product... there were not enough produce to
make it worth their investment... besides you're expect to seek HRC...

Honda anted up just enough HP to be crowned the fastest most powerful
750 in their respected years... We know that Honda could have offered much
more HP in 94 but the political climate during those years was poison due to
Senator Danforth and his bill to limit Superbike HP...

I've got more info but this is a starter...

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Very interesting that the original poster asked for insight into purchasing a used RC45, a bike Larry clearly feels he is an expert in and he might be.
What he got from Larry is an old road test/advertisement, famously and lovingly scanned and re-printed without permission from the original publisher.

It is common knowledge that magazine road tests are far from unbiased assessments and are more about advertising dollars. Particularly from that era.
It would be nice, given a thread dedicated to the RC45, if one of the experts could post up some constructive answers to the question. What does one look for in a used RC45? What are the problem areas? Perhaps this potential purchaser of such a fine machine would like to know what are the tell tale signs a bike has been raced? How about posting anything about the RC45, in an RC45 thread, that isn't mental, or should I say, motorcycle masturbation?

Oh, never mind.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
There's an RC45 in my area that has come up for sale a couple of times. I have made offers but in the end the owner decided to keep it.
The bike was an aesthetic eyesore but mechanically was as sound as it could be and came with a crate with some parts out of a Rumi WSBK machine.
What you should look out for: two things. The first is to check it as you would check any other used machine. The second is to check if all the original parts are included. The bike's now fifteen years old and Honda won't guarantee spare parts availability for much longer. Since we are talking about a collectible, original parts are paramount. Stocks of spares and aftermarket fairing and end can (to replace the genuine items if you decide to take the bike for a spin, just in case) are welcome additions.
If the bike's tarted up like the one I went after, make a quick list of all the parts you should need, head over to a Honda dealership and ask them to check if the parts are still available and how much they cost. That may give you a huge leverage during negotiations.
I am not aware of any specific problem: the bike was manufactured to proper Honda standards, engine in street form is unstressed, most OE components are overengineered to ensure durability and most bikes are low mileage and well cared for.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts