Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Hodgson Vs Bostrom (LDH)

Yer probably right I just have a gut feeling that Eric isn't going to be the shining star again this year...

Has Neil even ridden Daytona before?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

From AMASOUP....

This isn't Neil Hodgson's first trip to Daytona--he raced in the Daytona 200 in the mid-1990s on a privateer Ducati so he knew going in that the famed Florida banking is not for the weak at heart, even in its now semi-neutered layout.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Hodgson Vs Bostrom (Duc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Duc »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think it is too early to matter</TD></TR></TABLE>
I disagree. Eric has been to that track way more than Neil. He needs to get his ass off that Ducati.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Hodgson Vs Bostrom (SP8)

They are now lapping within the same second. New times have been posted. They are pretty much dead equal now.

I think Eric's biggest problem was the tires. He's been riding on Dunlops his whole career and the switch to Michelin last year hurt his consistency. This year, we'll most likely see the real Eric.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

as far as the 2 second thing... i called that waaay back last season in one of the wsbk / ama threads.

but as far as daytona, i'm not sure what to think yet. Its a new configuration, so its kinda a new track for everyone in some respects. I'm interested to see how quickly Neil can pick up on the track layouts of all the other US tracks.

But i guess its too early to tell anything right now.

edit:
just for fun .... http://speedzilla.zeroforum.co...35096
my post and the one immediately following it

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Methinks this is good for Eric. When the chips are down he can pull time out of his @$$. I think he won't let Hodgson run away from him, he'll step up his game. That said, I'm not sure he can beat Hodgson regularly, but he can surely run with him.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (quikie)

I feel that Eric would set the world on fire if he were riding a CBR-1000, IMHO. He just seems to be happier on an inline four.

But I hope it'll light a fire under his butt to have a teammate pushing him. At least he can't blame the bike if his teammate is producing faster times.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (AA 996)

i think Hodgson will do very well indeed. he has ridden this bike before(
) and Bostrom is happier on a i-4 IMO. i will say that H does well but the duke does not

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (AA 996)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AA 996 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I feel that Eric would set the world on fire if he were riding a CBR-1000, IMHO.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Man don't be saying things like that. We want him back at Kawi.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ducati has spent some BIG dollars for their 05 program and I think Neil will run up front all season. I will even venture to say that Matt feels some heat right about now from young Spies and the Britt.

On a side note the word is that the Jordan equipment is as close to a Yosh/factory Superbike as Maladins. Some big dollars being coughed up for a few machines from Yosh. This leads me to believe that they may have truly solved the AMA series popularity problem here in the US. We needed a new spark to our sport and Jordan NUKED IT. Really very cool.
Good luck to Pridmore. I like Jason and he's been a great ambassader for our sport.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm stoked, I just wish jason would have taken geoff may over his homie rapp.
That said I wish geoff a long and successfull tenior with M4 emgo.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (OMEGA)

Bostrom has the advantage of knowing all the tracks. Neil has the advantage of knowing the 999 which Eric has yet to really figure out. I think Neil is probably more mature and focused as a racer as well as being a bit tougher mentally.

Daytona is just a one-off track and a rider's performance here really isn't necessarily representative of his performance at the other AMA tracks. Having said that, Hodgson impressed me with his results over the test. He admitted to being totally intimidated and scared shitless by the place which was reflected by his relatively slow initial lap times. Over the course of the test, he came to grips with his fear and the track to post some excellent times. In fact, only he and Spies were able to run consistently fast times over multiple laps. Eric started off the test slow too but fortunately managed to improve considerably by the end of the three days. He wasn't as quick as Neil, however, nor was he as consistent.

I think both the Bostroms tend to become unfocused as racers with all their outside interests such as surfing, rock climbing, babes, etc...
I think it will be better for both of them to be apart this year.

Modified by bsess at 7:40 AM 1/6/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (bsess)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bsess »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Bostrom has the advantage of knowing all the tracks. Neil has the advantage of knowing the 999 which Eric has yet to really figure out. I think Neil is probably more mature and focused as a racer as well as being a bit tougher mentally.

Daytona is just a one-off track and a rider's performance here really isn't necessarily representative his performance at the other AMA tracks. Having said that, Hodgson impressed me with his results over the test. He admitted being totally intimidated and scared shitless by the place which was reflected by his relatively slow initial lap times. Over the course of the test, he came to grips with his fear and the track to post some excellent times. In fact, only he and Spies were able to run consistently fast times over multiple laps. Eric started of the test slow too but fortunately managed to improve considerably by the end of the three days. He wasn't as quick as Neil, however, nor was he as consistent.

I think both the Bostroms tend to become unfocused as racers with all their outside interests such as surfing, rock climbing, babes, etc...
I think it will be better for both of them to be apart this year.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You are an educated man and know your racing!!!! I could not agree more with all of your statements.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (OMEGA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by OMEGA »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm stoked, I just wish jason would have taken geoff may over his homie rapp.
That said I wish geoff a long and successfull tenior with M4 emgo.</TD></TR></TABLE>

As talented as Geoff May is, he just can't get a "real" brake. It kind of turns me off to a racing career. It just goes to show that no matter how good you are, you have to be "in" with someone to get the ride.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: (Turbo329)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbo329 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You are an educated man and know your racing!!!! I could not agree more with all of your statements.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Very kind of you to say so but there are plenty of more knowledgable race fans here.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Hodgson Vs Bostrom (MaliciousBraham)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MaliciousBraham »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
edit:
just for fun .... http://speedzilla.zeroforum.co...35096
my post and the one immediately following it
</TD></TR></TABLE>

He was a whopping 1.292 seconds faster than Bostrom (not 2 seconds) at a tire test (not a race weekend).

I think they have a lot to learn from each other, but if Hodgeson does manage to lap 2 seconds faster on race weekends then Bostrom obviously sucks on that bike and they should fire him. I just can't imagine he's that bad.

Modified by Baasinator at 1:07 PM 1/6/2005

1 - 20 of 28 Posts