Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Damn Asshat
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i did some search but everything is new so dont hate. first i live in texas and it has been a scorching summer so i know temp will run a bit high during afternoon ride home from work i reach about 230+/- hit 255 couple of times this july and august. pulled over temp lowered. went to local honda dealer they told me not to worry? i have done nothing to cooling system still has antifreeze from when bike was bought back in april of this year out of crate. i see many of you guys run sub 200. should i go with a different antifreeze? water wetter? i have opened up radiator it is full and thermostat seems to be working. also on ride to and from work im really never in stop and go heavy traffic, avg speed to work is 60+, home 75+++. any help would be thank in many ways

·
Anger managment patient
3,474 Posts
What map? Mine got cooler, not much but enough after i removed the stock cans. I have the same pipes in carbon and used the mori high mount map on the dynojet site. regeared to a 15 front and 4500 rpm seems like the spot it likes for sstayin around 200 on hot days.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I live in San Antonio,My RC NEVER tops 222 deg,Thats includes being stuck in rush hour traffic,You should bleed any air out of your cooling sys.Check cooling fans,and what temp they come on(215 deg.)

·
Damn Asshat
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i also have mori map my fans come on at 209 dealership said air was bled from lines this only happens when temp is above 100 outside. hasnt been over 200 in the last week temp has been low here for a while. i may in a bit just replace coolant for this winter.

·
Registered
338 Posts
not hating, but did you really search?? realllllyyy????? :D

Can we make this a sticky? And add to it flipping the polarity on one of the fans, and anything else that people think will lower the temp.

·
Anger managment patient
3,474 Posts
You may get a bit more air around the motor when you do the free mods. Those Pair hoses removed may help but I can't say it would be much but anything is better than nothing.

Has anyone heard of makin a small radiator like the oil cooler size (maybe 60-80cc dirt bike) and mounting it to the two small bolts that are above the front cylinder (holding that plastice deflector)? This would ad more coolant and be forceair cooled. It wouldn't add to much weight. Or even mount it down opposite the oil cooler where the vac canister was (Lower weight)? Then remove one of the stock stock ones.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
EvilTwin-05 said:
Has anyone heard of makin a small radiator like the oil cooler size (maybe 60-80cc dirt bike) and mounting it to the two small bolts that are above the front cylinder (holding that plastice deflector)? This would ad more coolant and be forceair cooled.
I think there were a few guys running a slightly large oil cooler. Then you run the risk of an engine that's too cold.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts