Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hid Lights

If anyone wants HID LIGHTS there is a place called www. DDMTUNING.com that have a great kit and price on there products for motorcycles ! I got my single kit for the high beam for $33.27 delivered ! Iam very happy with it:)

·
Banned
472 Posts
Known about DDM Tuning for awhile now. Prices are inexpensive because (as they say) they own the factory in Asia so there's very little margin step-up involved.

Their systems are pretty good - but people have complained about ballast and bulbs going out early. But for $60 - you can't really complain too much.

5000K bulb color will give you the best light btw without the blueish cast.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Before i went with them , i put them in the goggle search and found they had very good reviews and being in san diego there very close to me :woot: For $66.50 you can get the 2 bulb set delivered , thats a great deal ! I got the 6000 k bulb color for the low and the same for the high also ...:rockon

·
Registered
947 Posts
yep, nothing like creating a massive about of dangerous glare for oncoming vehicles! :rockon

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nothing else to replace , there just plug and play ! The light they put out is AMAZING !:rockon They turn nite into day :)

·
Registered
947 Posts
Ya but what else have you replaced? Don't these need a lens designed for them also? Projector?
to use them properly you need a projector housing retrofitted. no HID's work properly in a halogen fixture because the light source is in a different physical location, and it's a different type of light generation, so it will cause alot of UNSAFE glare for oncoming drivers, dead/hot spots (splotchy light on the road). there are vehicles with reflector type HID's now, but the housings are specifically designed for HID's.

the ZOMG HIDs in my halogen headlight cool people group are a bunch of retards.

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
to use them properly you need a projector housing retrofitted. no HID's work properly in a halogen fixture because the light source is in a different physical location, and it's a different type of light generation, so it will cause alot of UNSAFE glare for oncoming drivers, dead/hot spots (splotchy light on the road). there are vehicles with reflector type HID's now, but the housings are specifically designed for HID's.

the ZOMG HIDs in my halogen headlight cool people group are a bunch of retards.

I can't stand people who put those kits into their cars/bikes. They are extremely annoying and dangerous. Oh, and in most states they are illegal, not sure but possibly also illegal in the whole country, as you are messing with what is considered safety equipment (governed by the dot, which is a federal entity). That shit is about as ricer as it can get.

You know what would be cheaper and just as effective? Just ride with your high beam on all day/night. Who gives a crap what anyone else on the road thinks?

·
unificator
480 Posts
some of you are total, uninformed dumb asses for not understanding the situation.

albeit the blue or purple lights ARE about as gay as it gets, you can also have a nice, bright, white light at 4500K. HID does NOT equal ricer/poser/squid.

and you will likely be way too hot if you use a 55 watt system, so you use a 35 watt, duh.

the difference between stock and a hid is, wait for it, night and day. nobody has flashed me or indicated in any other way that my lights are too bright. i drive daily in the dark and believe me someone would have let me know in the last few years.

it has however saved me countless evasive maneuvers as i can actually see more than 10 feet in front of me. and the number of speeding tickets its saved me due to cathing a reflection on the popos light bar or stickers is priceless.

if youre going to make a dumb shit comment at least be informed.

·
Registered
45 Posts
"I can't stand people who put those kits into their cars/bikes. They are extremely annoying....... That shit is about as ricer as it can get.........Just ride with your high beam on all day/night.........Who gives a crap what anyone else on the road thinks?"

what crap do you give about what others do in the first place :wtf

and sense when does installing better lights make you ricer? or squid?

and im gonna have to go ahead and assume that all vehicles from the factory with HID's of course a little classier then your civic are ricers?

maybe a little research would go a little bit farther?

See the following Home | National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) says, "SAE J578c defines white by blue, yellow, green, red and purple boundaries within a chromaticity diagram.

as long as its a true HID and not a colored bulb and DOT approved it legal.

I have HID's in both HI and LOW and love them. Ive never had a vehicle flash me either and I routinely ride in the dark. The amount it safety it brings to the ride is well worth the cost of them if you never ride at night save your money but if you do.. dont buy redbulls this month and buy lights you wont be disappointed. or ticketed, maybe just called a ricer or squid because you can now see farther and ride safer in the dark.

·
calculating status...
1,667 Posts
Somebody here was installing projectors from a BMW at one time into the RC light housing.

·
Registered
947 Posts
some of you are total, uninformed dumb asses for not understanding the situation.

yeah you're right, i don't understand the situation. i probably don't have a retrofitted HID system in the RC either?

there is a CUT OFF system installed in the projector housings and that is what makes them safe, there IS NOT a cut off system in a plain halogen housing system. some vehicles actually even have an automatic leveling system controlling the lens cutoff to make sure that when you corner hard, hit speed bumps or whatever, the light does not go up into oncoming drivers eyes.

The fact that you are arguing you can see everything so much better, but there is no problem with glare is completely absurd. You do not have any system on that housing controlling the beam, so that means the bright ass scatterbeam light is going everywhere, including into oncoming drivers faces. and just because people don't flash their lights at you, doesn't mean everything is a-ok. when dumbies blind me with those things i don't flash my lights, because they are dumbies for installing them anyway, so me flashing my lights isn't going to make them run to the garage and remove them immediately, so why waste any time?

Before you start accusing people of not knowing what they are talking about, you better go read some yourself.

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts

albeit the blue or purple lights ARE about as gay as it gets, you can also have a nice, bright, white light at 4500K. HID does NOT equal ricer/poser/squid.

and you will likely be way too hot if you use a 55 watt system, so you use a 35 watt, duh.

the difference between stock and a hid is, wait for it, night and day. nobody has flashed me or indicated in any other way that my lights are too bright. i drive daily in the dark and believe me someone would have let me know in the last few years.

it has however saved me countless evasive maneuvers as i can actually see more than 10 feet in front of me. and the number of speeding tickets its saved me due to cathing a reflection on the popos light bar or stickers is priceless.

How do I sound uninformed? I have ran hid kits, and I was doing retrofits on my own cars nearly ten years ago before these kits were a big deal. I drive nearly everyday and I see morons driving around all day with these kits installed and I can spot a kit miles away. Even if they aren't blue or purple or pink, I can spot them. You know why I can spot them? Because they shoot out glare like there is no tomorrow. You may think that yours does not, but it does. Post up a picture of your light pattern on a garage wall and I'll point it out for you and post up a picture of a hid retrofitted projector with a proper cutoff.

Call me an uniformed dumbass if you like, as I don't care what anybody else thinks. As you most certainly do with your jump to defend yourself and your purchase.

what crap do you give about what others do in the first place :wtf

and sense when does installing better lights make you ricer? or squid?

and im gonna have to go ahead and assume that all vehicles from the factory with HID's of course a little classier then your civic are ricers?

maybe a little research would go a little bit farther?

See the following Home | National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) says, "SAE J578c defines white by blue, yellow, green, red and purple boundaries within a chromaticity diagram.

as long as its a true HID and not a colored bulb and DOT approved it legal.

I have HID's in both HI and LOW and love them. Ive never had a vehicle flash me either and I routinely ride in the dark. The amount it safety it brings to the ride is well worth the cost of them if you never ride at night save your money but if you do.. dont buy redbulls this month and buy lights you wont be disappointed. or ticketed, maybe just called a ricer or squid because you can now see farther and ride safer in the dark.
Umm, I give a crap what other people do when they are on the same road as me and I can't see because they are blinding me with their cheap ass attempts at being "classy" with hid lights. I care because they are on the same roads as me and the rest of my family, and with the glare that they throw off, they make driving dangerous.

Installing better lights does not make you a ricer or a squid. Go find some projectors out of a vehicle that originally came with them, install and properly adjust them, and that is fine. When you put and hid bulb into a housing that wasn't designed for it, you move the source of the light to a different spot and increase it's intensity. The reflector that is in a halogen setup is designed for a halogen bulb, not an hid capsule.

You proved my point with the legal thing. I can't find anywhere on ddm's site where they claim dot legality, and if you check any other company's website, you see disclaimers about them being "for show only" Not that this is much to go on though as they are covering their asses. Just go ahead and do a google search for "are hid kits legal" and you will get plenty of info on why you shouldn't run them. The laws and their interpretations vary from state to state. Any state could choose to train their officers properly and they would be able to cite you for running them. Some states even have laws that make them illegal on their own. I'll have to take some time to find the links, but they are there.

While a white light may fall into the correct color category, that doesn't mean they are legal. I have some bright ass hella driving lights and they are 100% white, but if I run them at night I blind oncoming traffic and I'll get a ticket. "but I can see so much better!". Sound familiar?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just wanted the other zilla members to know that theres a great price on HID kits for there bikes if they wanted one :) I didn't want to start ( who's right or who's wrong ) !!!

·
unificator
480 Posts
self infliction, very nice projector man. cleeeeeeeeean.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Just my 2 cents....

I just had to jump in on this one and say "Cheers" to DDM Tuning:notworthy .
I bought a single bulb kit from them about a year and a half back and still love it.Never had any problems out of it.Now,you can call me a "Squid,Ricer,Poser" or what ever else you can think of but i don't give a rats a** what anybody else thinks.I would rather take the chance on somewhat blinding someone and being seen rather than NOT being seen.
And i absolutely love the projector set up!!!! I only wish i had that in mine!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts