Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Retrofitting projectors will get you precise adjustment with a clean crisp cutoff and look extremely cool.
I didn't do that, just used the stock housings and installed the ballasts and bulbs.
The visibility is incredible.
I go through an ebay seller called orangemika who carries Xentec brand kits. $35.00 gets you both bulbs, ballasts and all the wiring.
If you want to improve your visibility and not just look "cool" get the lower color temperatures. In the RC51, I used the color intended for fog lights (3000k) The light output is yellow. For the cars I use 5000k as the light is white and doesn't attract any unwanted attention.
I have done 5 sets now from this seller with zero problems. Be sure to adjust your headlights so as not to blind others.
Also get ready for people on the forum to tell you that you are a horrible human being for wanting to install HID lights.
If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
49 Posts
True, retrofitting projectors w/ HID bulbs is a more "proper" way to install HID's and they do look good, but it also may be more expensive and time consuming.

There are many HID vendors on ebay, almost all are reputable sellers. I would suggest finding a set with slim ballasts and the color you most desire. Virtually all the HID kits nowadys are carbon copies of each other, utilizing the same solid sate parts.

+1 on re-adjusting your lights after you install them.

This is a reoccuring topic here, I'm sure the flamethrowers will be out soon.

good luck

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
206 Posts
Here's my retrofit. I can get installed pics in a few days...

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
If you are a tight one like myself you can do away with HID lights and get some high temperature bulbs instead.
I use Osram Nightbreaker's in both bikes and the car and very happy with them. Philips has two new 4000K lamps out (one white and the other "xenon effect") which are fully road legal.
The SP has some of the best headlights I've ever seen on a bike (second only to the Kawasaki C14) and will respond very well to treatment.

·
Registered
947 Posts
i got a retrofit bulb, dual beam hi/low in the right side rc lens. think it is a bmw setup and ballast. sell it for $100, works fine, i tested it out just never installed it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts