Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy day. It's an '02 with 5k miles. Picked it up for $6800, which I consider a good deal based on the other bikes in the area I looked at. Here's some pics of the VFR and some pics next my RC.

P.S. Please disregard the pillion seat on the RC. I'm getting the cover and another tail painted, so I have the seat on there to fill the void.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Hi, my name is Wilit, and I'm an addict.... (wilit)

Nice. You can certainly tell they're closely related!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Is it just me or does the front end of your 51 look really high?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

That's a perfect set up,wilit! man, I'm jealous.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Wilit, Did you wrap the midpipe to keep your boots from melting or what?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Hi, my name is Wilit, and I'm an addict.... (tanner)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tanner »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wilit, Did you wrap the midpipe to keep your boots from melting or what?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow, you're the first person who has asked about the mid-pipes and the first question wasn't, "How much HP did you gain?"
Yes, I wrapped my mids solely for the fact that my boots began to melt onto the pipes. Wrapped pipes = no melted A-Stars SMX's.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Welcome to our meeting. I think we can help you. Now go ride and tell us how you feel after.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Hi, my name is Wilit, and I'm an addict.... (RVT100004)

My buddy just picked one up. Its a cool bike. I could see myself on that some time.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RVT100004 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is it just me or does the front end of your 51 look really high?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree. Is it the angle?

I really like the picture of the tanks!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Hi, my name is Wilit, and I'm an addict.... (1literduceater)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RVT100004 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is it just me or does the front end of your 51 look really high?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yeah, did you notice the decal on the swingarm? Stickers don't mean much it looks like a 1.1 lift...

Step 1. Came to believe we were powerless over Honda.

Step 2. Came to believe that if Soichiro were still alive AMA would still race '51s.

Step 3. Admitted we were powerless over the Power Commanders, SATOs, and Kyles.

Step 4. Saw the light and the end of Turn 5 and had our order in for Ohlins.

Step 5. Understood God's will for us to convert I-4 GSXR guys to the Battle of the Twins. (Not Olson)

Step 6. Came to believe that the V is all knowing, powerful, and sexy.

Step 7. Made a searching and fearless inventory of our slicks.

Step 8. Sought through prayer and meditation to have Valentino back at HRC.

Step 9. Made a list of all persons we had kicked ass on, on our way to the top of the podium and did not regret a second of any of it.

Step 10. Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps we made Pilgramage to Laguna.

Good deal on the '51, congrats.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Question:
For highway cruising, how much more comfortable is the VFR than the RC?
Any other differences that stand out?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Hi, my name is Wilit, and I'm an addict.... (Area 51)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Area 51 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Question:
For highway cruising, how much more comfortable is the VFR than the RC?
Any other differences that stand out?</TD></TR></TABLE>

The difference is huge. The RC really wasn't designed for much else other than flat out racing. I've found that I'm more comfortable on the RC the faster I go. If I'm just tooling around doing 35mph, I'm aching and complaining.

The VFR's riding position is very upright, but still enough ground clearance to really lean it over. For us Bay Area folks, I rode 2-up on 84 from Sunol to Livermore the other day and went through there doing 60mph up the hill into Livermore. There's not too many bikes you could really do that on comfortably. People say it's a do-all bike, and it really is. However, it's no RC51. While it's good at doing everything, it's not GREAT at taking twisties at speed. It's big, it's heavy, but has tons of grunt. It's a nice Sunday cruiser.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lookin sharp...definitely 2 bikes id fill my garage with..

where is the plastic filler panel behind the front wheel on the rc?

just nit picking

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wilit »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The difference is huge. The RC really wasn't designed for much else other than flat out racing. I've found that I'm more comfortable on the RC the faster I go. If I'm just tooling around doing 35mph, I'm aching and complaining.

The VFR's riding position is very upright, but still enough ground clearance to really lean it over. For us Bay Area folks, I rode 2-up on 84 from Sunol to Livermore the other day and went through there doing 60mph up the hill into Livermore. There's not too many bikes you could really do that on comfortably. People say it's a do-all bike, and it really is. However, it's no RC51. While it's good at doing everything, it's not GREAT at taking twisties at speed. It's big, it's heavy, but has tons of grunt. It's a nice Sunday cruiser.</TD></TR></TABLE>Just as I suspected. I'm in love with my RC on the appropriate twisties but if passing those pathetically slow four-wheelers is impossible I feel every ache and pain on the RC. I just rode 40 tedious miles to the beach, rode 50 glorious miles up the coast, and rode 40 tedious miles back home. If passing is a no-go, the RC can be a pain in the rear (and wrists), but on open roads every minute is to be cherished. What I need is an RC with movable handle bars. Low for fun, and high for getting to the fun. The reason I ask is that I was considering a VFR before deciding on the RC.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts