Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys/gals. I posted a post or two in the classifieds section but I don't want to feel like a stranger so here is my introduction post.

I just recently bought a used 2000 RC51 and boy, it's one helluva machine! It had slightly less than 5K miles on the clock. I am very impressed at its capabilities and am very surprised that used ones don't go for much, much more. Thank goodness for those ultra-fast superbikes coming out to keep prices low for buyers like me. My previous bike was a FZ6 and this machine suits me a whole lot better.

I've racked up about 1500 miles in less than a month of ownership. If I keep this up, I should be following Ceh's footsteps. BTW, what's up Ceh?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Hi all! New owner fullfilling the prophecy. (Hams51)

OH great another member of the CEH fan club. God help us all. Welcome. hope the 00' doe a good job for you. Now let the mods begin!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Ham Kim,still riding at your age?
Watch out for that wind whipping cross the plains,y'all!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Welcome Hams. How is Oklahoma treating you?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (Steve954RR)

Well at least your in a slightly better place than me (road wise), but hey we can make due. Take her to Hallet for a motorcycle lapping day, you wont regret it. I waited a year to take mine, and fell in love with the RC all over again, just dont fall off and brake a hip at 105yrs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Hi all! New owner fullfilling the prophecy. (Utopia)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Utopia »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OH great another member of the CEH fan club. God help us all. Welcome. hope the 00' doe a good job for you. Now let the mods begin!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

You know you're just jealous of the white wheels.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm a night hawk so the dark side is a very pleasant surrounding. hehehe.

Coydog- I thought I knew you for a second. Everybody in my shop calls me HamKim.

Age 105- nah. I'm only a quarter of a century year old.

Mods- the only mod I did so far are rim stripes. Next few mods will be the eyebrow mod and a more comfy seat.

Oklahoma- It's not too bad. A slow change in pace compared to L.A., but it's all good. There are lots of lakes around here to fish, but I've still yet caught a fish to brag about.

Here are some pics of the rims:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (Hams51)

You should really do the pair and flapper mods first. You will be able to feel the difference.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes yes. I'm going to have to do those mods also. How much of a difference are we talking about here though?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I don't want to get too crazy but I can definitely say you can feel the difference. Acceleration of the line and the way it pulls all the way to the 10,200 limiter. Also do the Soft Rev Mod. If you do the pair mod go and get this http://www.kyleusa.com/catalog...6.htm and flapper mod get this http://www.kyleusa.com/catalog...7.htm nice quality items. On the Rogue site here http://www.rc51.org/ you will get the info on how to do the mods. If you run into trouble come back and use the search function and then ask your questions.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Sam for the linkys. I'll prolly do this next weekend. I'm doing the eyebrows today and painted the radiator grills yesterday. I'll post pics later. I'm all about the pics!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You'll love this site Hams, lots of great info and downright generous guys. Where in Ok are you? I live in the city (pretty much the ONLY city) and have a slightly modded 2000. Nice pics too, looks like a clean one, and sounds like the price was right. WELCOME!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Falcondriver! I'm over near Tinker. I agree, the members of this site seem chill so I'll be hangin' around. I tried to join the ROGUE site, but I rather not be forced to pay for membership. If it included free track days, maybe I would.

I finished the eyebrow mod last night and boy, it was a struggle. The only tool I had to make the holes was a cheap dremmel. It came with a drill bit so I went at it. The drill bit was so small that there were shavings everywhere!!! A complete mess! I thought about breaking the weather seal to clean it up but I had a better plan. Not! First, I attached a piece of a clothes hangar to a vacuum to suck out all the shavings. It worked to a degree but it left some small smudges inside the lens. So, I tried to buff it out with a cotton ball attached to a stick but the cotton ball left all these little hairs of cotton inside. Then finally, I stuffed a microfiber towel inside and called it good.

As promised, here are some pictures of the results of the eyebrow mod and radiator grill mod:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

The first pic makes the RC look like a f#%king evil being.
Personally I did the eyebrow mod and made them turn signals because it got rid of the ugly stock blinkers. In OK and NC turn signals are not required so I said F___ it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hams51 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hi guys/gals. I posted a post or two in the classifieds section but I don't want to feel like a stranger so here is my introduction post.

I just recently bought a used 2000 RC51 and boy, it's one helluva machine! It had slightly less than 5K miles on the clock. I am very impressed at its capabilities and am very surprised that used ones don't go for much, much more. Thank goodness for those ultra-fast superbikes coming out to keep prices low for buyers like me. My previous bike was a FZ6 and this machine suits me a whole lot better.

I've racked up about 1500 miles in less than a month of ownership. If I keep this up, I should be following Ceh's footsteps. BTW, what's up Ceh?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sheesh, you be better than me....

I am chillin, just trying to be cool..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Hams, I'll try to quick message you tomorrow at work (gotta do something to look busy), to see about riding together sometime. Most of the friends I ride with are more or less squids (gixxers, cbrs, etc). It'd be fun to see another 51. Love the red lines on your radiator grill..may hafta do that one myself, and the eye brows look great. Never did that either.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts