Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Wade is ledgendary here in Bay Area riding circles, he's done the Isle of Man several times both on bike and sidehack. He wanted to do sort of an "updated" version of KR Sr. doin' the Indy Mile on a TZ700 (NOT a 750 a smost believe....) And Yes we do shift.........

Semper Fi!

-Rocky-

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wade is legend for sure. I forget why he couldn't do Isle of man anymore, i think it was money or something, but he ran it as privateer for over a decade right?

In the video you can't tell much, but it does look like the R1 is not doing so hot in the turns. I think the whole thing was either an experiment or just for shits and giggles...either way it looks like a bit of fun for sure.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
He could have put it on the box with the proper tires!
Gotta run Class C rubber ONLY. THAT is a huge limiting factor, and has kept Hardley's compeditive for years. Try as we (everyone) may, there's no way to get the HP to the ground, and still make 'em work with anything more than about 85 RWHP. It's having a nice flat torque curve, and being in the right place coming into 3 on that last lap.........

Semper Fi!

-Rocky-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.