Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you were racing a clapped out kdx 175 and i could fit into this shirt.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Hey Cappy, walk down memory lane. (Nick Novice)

What geniuses my dad and I were. We bought that bike from a guy who actually raced it all year long and the raced it in the ISDE the year before. The bike was hammered, but we bought for almost nothing. Third gear would go out about ever 150 miles or so, sometimes tearing the transmission to shreads and sometimes just loosing that gear. When you raced enduros every weekend that was only about 2 1/2 races per transmission. That was when I started getting the reputation for tearing up motorcycles, which held true for many years. I don't think Carl Donelson really want me riding bikes he sold because he figured I just give them bad names! I'm surpised he didn't just go buy me Kaws (which he didn't sell) and pay me to ride them... and break them.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: (TBONE)

It had a worn everything. We replaced lots of things; muffler bearings, shift shaft filters, and even the housing fluid. Got me why it kept breaking.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: (chriscap)

Man growing up a few blocks from you Chris I sure wished I would have known more about all the riding you did. But it retrospect maybe that was a good thing...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: (Jimmy_Tea)

We kept it pretty low key around the house, we didn't want people knowing what was actually in our garage, as it may have disappeared... although I never realized it growing up, we lived close to some not-so-nice neighborhoods.

You should have came an hung out, I rode/raced almost every weekend for 15 years!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: (chriscap)

Man I'd have been a great dirt rider by now!
My friends never went to any real riding areas other than Flat River, let alone run in competition. I was in to that type of thing but just didnt know anyone who was or where to do it. Ah well. So I got into road racing for about 8 years mostly at the old Gateway. Well hope to go riding with ya sometime.
Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts