·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here's a little something for al the nay-sayers

Americans finish 1-2 in Laguna.......

time for the party to start

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Here's a little something to all the naysayers (apfelbaum)

wwwooooooooooooooooohhhoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.. bout damn time..... yeah baby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Here's a little something to all the naysayers (rc51crazy)

great to see Hayden and Colin on the podium
... would have liked to see a closer race though.. not much overtakin=boring... but watching the race happen live in the US made up for it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I KNEW he had it in him. You could see it in his eyes during practice! CONGRATS NICKY!!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (sizmtrz)

He is on a Suzuki GP bike...I don't think I need to say anymore.

8th I thunk!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (casjoker)

That was an awesome ride by Nicky and his dad looked like we was a nervous as when the kid was born...great stuff.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by casjoker »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That was an awesome ride by Nicky and his dad looked like we was a nervous as when the kid was born...great stuff.</TD></TR></TABLE>

A thing of beauty.
I'm glad his poor Dad survived the race.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (bsess)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bsess »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

A thing of beauty.
I'm glad his poor Dad survived the race.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not to mention the victory lap!!

I loved the answer to GW's question on what Nicky was thinking on the last lap.
"what my parents gave up to get me here"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (944Monster)

Yea the guy is a class act. Hope he has finally broken though and will start to see a lot more success.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Nicky was on all weekend. Where are all the Nicky haters now?

Val seemed genuinely congratulatory to both Nicky and Colin.

Now lets see if Nicky and Colin have some momentum, or is it back to Rossi beating them both like a drum.

Anyway, a great result for the USA riders, hell even Hopkins showed some life.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (jersey_devil_68)

I personally talked to Nicky at VIR numerous times and the guy is a class act. I congradulate him again. I always thought he had the potential to win but needed some confidence and practice. Well he finally came to a track he knew and showed them what he could do. I hope his newly gained confidence will carry over to the other guys tracks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Here's a little something to all the naysayers (apfelbaum)

Thanks for the first bit of who won & so my congatulations to Hayden & Colin. Fortunatelly both knew the track well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (944Monster)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 944Monster »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not to mention the victory lap!!

I loved the answer to GW's question on what Nicky was thinking on the last lap.
"what my parents gave up to get me here"
</TD></TR></TABLE>

The victory lap was great!!!! Certainly the first time a used car dealer from Kentucky has ever ridden around Laguna Seca on a victorious GP bike!!!!!!

Without spoiling the other races, it can be said that the Hayden family must have been on an emotional roller coaster today.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (Baasinator)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Baasinator »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The victory lap was great!!!! Certainly the first time a used car dealer from Kentucky has ever ridden around Laguna Seca on a victorious GP bike!!!!!!

Without spoiling the other races, it can be said that the Hayden family must have been on an emotional roller coaster today.</TD></TR></TABLE>

He stopped and got an American flag close to where I was...pics to follow...then he came back around with some guy on the back of the bike holding the flag....was that his dad? Thought that was his crew chief.....my error. Go Earl...your boys done good today.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (roadkill)

Yes, a huge day for the Hayden family. Congrats to them all, as it certainly is a family effort.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D-Day »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nicky was on all weekend. Where are all the Nicky haters now?

Val seemed genuinely congratulatory to both Nicky and Colin.

Now lets see if Nicky and Colin have some momentum, or is it back to Rossi beating them both like a drum.

Anyway, a great result for the USA riders, hell even Hopkins showed some life.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The Nicky haters will be back just as soon as he has another mediocre finish.

I want to thank bsess for providing the logical, well thought out replies to all the haters on this board. At this point, I think it's personal with them since the usual haters all seem to have the same opinion regardless of the race result. I certainly don't have the patience to deal with them right now.

I can barely speak since I yelled and screamed for Nicky and Colin throughout the whole race. It was all very cool for me since I was delayed in Baghdad for two days and just barely made it to the race. Seeing Nicky and Colin do so well made it totally worth all of the anguish over the last few days.

Vale was congratulatory because he, too, is a class act. He was beaten fairly and honorably, and he knew how huge this was for Nicky and Colin.

I don't think any of the Hayden fans are trying to say that Nicky is better than Rossi - we all know that Rossi is a god among men. It just annoys me to hear the haters jumping for joy every time he doesn't finish well.

I watched these threads and patiently waited. And as I said in the other thread - all of the Nicky haters can go f#%k themselves.

Jeff.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (RCFiftyWon)

Who is a "Nicky hater"? I don't know of anyone who hates the kid. How could you? I do know a ton of people who think that he has under delivered, especially compared to the mega-hype that his "fans" spewed in 2003 and 2004. Don't make me dig up old posts. Whatever happened to "1st year he will learn the tracks, 2nd year he will win races, 3rd year he will win it all!?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: (999)

All I can go on is those that have been studying the MotoGP events & how this race went. It seemed most of he European racers just wanted to get this one over with some points THEN back to regular MotoGP circuits as this is lacking in length to really be a MotoGP race. Also read of where the MotoGP commentators, during the race, said the riders never went beyond 5th gear. Still who knows what is the truth of the race or the circuit for MotoGP events? Only those that know far more then I do.

At least Hayden & Edwards took first & 2nd place. While others claimed it to be a most boering race. I can only go on what others say.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (Smitty)

There are plenty of people here who blatantly take obvious pleasure when Hayden has struggled or failed to improve quickly enough. Regardless of any denials, they know who they are and everyone here knows who they are. Just because Nicky's competitive progress has been slower than expected (or hoped for) by his supporters or "fans" it does not reflect just cause by those who choose to celebrate his prior difficulties, countless examples of which I won't bother to "dig up" either.

A few years ago, I assailed Ben Bostrom harshly. Not because he was " over-hyped" or well liked by others but because like Anthony Gobert, he was an extremely talented rider who failed to fully appreciate his gifted ability and wasted the precious opportunities he had. And unlike Gobert, drugs and alcohol weren't a factor. If Ben had taken his job and himself more seriously he could have been in MotoGP a long time already.

To this day, I think it is a terrible shame that neither Ben nor Gobert are lined up on the MotoGP grid because they certainly had enough talent to be there and do well.

In the meantime, ANY rider who can beat Rossi, who is probably the greatest rider ever, (and as handily as Hayden did) deserves full credit. Its only the second time its happened this year. Congratulations to Nicky!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts