Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Mad Mladin signs yet another contract with American Suzuki, so he can spend another 3 years bitching about the tracks, criticizing the AMA, blasting his fellow riders, and cherry picking a field whose talent he obviously exceeds, but again he's unwilling to go prove himself on the world stage.

What ever happened to "I've had a great career here, but if I had my way I'd just spend all my time enjoying my family..."???

What the hell's keeping you here, Mat??? I'd certainly love to see you retire and enjoy your family, too!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Here we go. 3 more years of whining and complaining... (AZ Scott)

I know,

But there is no evidence that he turned down a competitive MotoGP or even WSBK offer. I'm fairly amazed that Suzuki themselves wouldn't replace Junior with Mladin. But if the offers aren't there, isn't this the best job for him? I'm sure he's having fun here and he's on top of his game, so why stop? Sure, he annoys us and the AMA would be more fun to watch without him, but...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Here we go. 3 more years of whining and complaining... (Baasinator)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Mladin is just plain SCARED.
he knows it wont be easy to compete on the world level, he wont just take wins at will, so he stays in the US....imo if he's gonna sandbag in the same national series for a f#%king decade, he should move back to austraila.

him staying in the AMA now is like repeating the 10th grade for a 6th time, just because you know the info and can get an A.

MAT: grow a set of nuts and take a challenge for a change you pussy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

In a materialistic-dominate society, I am pretty sure he was offered 'more' money to stay in AMA & continue to dominate than take a risk on a medicore ride (assuming RGV) w/ a smaller paycut. Human's are naturally insecure when trying new ventures, so they rather stick with what they know.

Even so, just look at Hayden or Edwards. It is not like they are setting the GP scene ablaze.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Here we go. 3 more years of whining and complaining... (Ace)

Until someone puts forth tangible evidence of financially comparable offfers made to and refused by Mladin to ride on the world circuit on competitive factory equipment, I won't be buying into the general consensus opinion that he is "scared" to leave the AMA series.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Here we go. 3 more years of whining and complaining... (bsess)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bsess »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Until someone puts forth tangible evidence of financially comparable offfers made to and refused by Mladin to ride on the world circuit on competitive factory equipment, I won't be buying into the general consensus opinion that he is "scared" to leave the AMA series.</TD></TR></TABLE>
you act like he will be making a pittance, which is hardly the case, besides he has made so much money to date I am quite sure he could live the rest of his life in luxury without ever making another dime....he even owns a dealership in austraila.

if money is truly a factor to mat, then he's scared AND greedy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

So Mad Mladin...can spend another 3 years...

bitching about the tracks...
The tracks are too dangerous, someone needs to speak out.

criticizing the AMA...
The AMA is a joke, with factory riders scattered across 4 different classes, a sad safety record and club racers running Nationals with pros. Somebody needs to be a leader and call a spade a spade.

blasting his fellow riders...
I don't who Mat has "blasted". I've heard and read some pretty funny comments and verbal jabs pointed at Miggy and Eric. Mind games are part of racing, no?

What the hell's keeping you here, Mat???

$1 million plus a year and the fact that he didn't get an offer for a factory Honda or Yamaha MotoGP offer...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bsess »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Until someone puts forth tangible evidence of financially comparable offfers made to and refused by Mladin to ride on the world circuit on competitive factory equipment, I won't be buying into the general consensus opinion that he is "scared" to leave the AMA series.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If he waited for the offers, or wasn't the first rider to renew his contract, I might buy that line, but every time he renews his contract, he's the first to announce it. He's the first one I've heard about this year.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Here we go. 3 more years of whining and complaining... (999)

Then why doesn't he get himself on the AMA Pro Racing board?

He's made plenty of money already, as said above. I'm sure he can live quite comfortably by now without an extra million a year (if that's what he's getting - apparently you're more privy to his finances than I am).

He's proved his point that he's the best rider in the U.S., in fact he's beaten us over the head with it. Okay, Mat, we GET IT. Thanks for playing.

So why doesn't he retire from racing and get a job with the AMA! Maybe he can actually get some of this shit done!

Yes, 999, the AMA is a joke. We all know that. Yet, Mladin is still racing with them, for three more years! It can't be too damn bad, can it?

And as for blasting the other riders, sure, he's quite the funny guy. But if they're all so bad, it's even more sad that he stays here and runs with them. Not only is it like he's repeating 10th grade, apparently it's 10th grade Special Ed.!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Here we go. 3 more years of whining and complaining... (Dezmo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dezmo »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
you act like he will be making a pittance, which is hardly the case, besides he has made so much money to date I am quite sure he could live the rest of his life in luxury without ever making another dime....he even owns a dealership in austraila.

if money is truly a factor to mat, then he's scared AND greedy
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't believe anyone other than Mladin himself is in a justifiable position to say that he has already earned "enough" money over the course of his career so that it should no longer be a factor in his decision making. Like many professional athletes, the number of his prime earning years is relatively short.

Calling him scared and/or greedy without any evidence of whether or not he has even had the opportunity to reject any viable offers would appear to be nothing more than conjecture.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

You know what I'd like to see? Yoshimura Suzuki taking their whole show over the Europe and running their own program over there! Muzzy did it, and so did Ferracci, and they both won championships. Why couldn't Yoshimura? If they are such a great outfit, and Mladin such a great rider, surely they could go over there and put a whooping on the WSBK boys, right??? Right...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AZ Scott »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
He's made plenty of money already, as said above. I'm sure he can live quite comfortably by now without an extra million a year</TD></TR></TABLE>

"Plenty" is a relative number. How would you feel if there were people who felt that you had "enough" money or more than you need to be comfortable?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AZ Scott »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You know what I'd like to see? Yoshimura Suzuki taking their whole show over the Europe and running their own program over there! Muzzy did it, and so did Ferracci, and they both won championships. Why couldn't Yoshimura? If they are such a great outfit, and Mladin such a great rider, surely they could go over there and put a whooping on the WSBK boys, right??? Right...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'd like to see that too. Would that decision be up to Yoshimura or American Suzuki?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ya know. I dislike Mladdin's personallity as much as anyone but I don't believe for a SECOND that he is scared. I believe that he has probably burnt a few bridges and therefore no one really wants him in a higher level of racing and/or won't pay him what he feels he should be worth. I am willing to bet if he did have an offer from any MotoGP team, the money would be FAR less than what he is making now so he just rides around here and collects a paycheck. It's nice on one's ego to beat everyone at will and get paid well to boot. The guy is a professional racer with talent to back it up....Unfortunately, he's just an asshole.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (manic)

One thing can be said about him. He is not racing for the challenge of it all. The whole concept of him not getting a good ride in WSBK sounds off. Comentators for WSBK have mentioned his name. They also can't understand why he won't step up. He is just collecting a check as far as I'm concerned. Just about every rider except him have aspirations to go to a higher level of racing. We all hear it during the rider interviews, and on shows like Two Wheel Tuesday.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Yeah, DuHamel is just a sandbagging pussy too. What a couple of losers that are afraid to challenge themselves...
Gimme a break. Mat can do whatever the frock he wants.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Here we go. 3 more years of whining and complaining... (elkheart)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by elkheart »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Yeah, DuHamel is just a sandbagging pussy too. What a couple of losers that are afraid to challenge themselves...
Gimme a break. Mat can do whatever the frock he wants.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yeah, but DuHamel isn't dominating the field.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Here we go. 3 more years of whining and complaining... (elkheart)

Since we're in semi-bash mode, why are we celebrating Neil Hodgson for coming to America but booing Mladin for staying. Hodgson has already proven himself as a Champion at the world level in superbikes so why is he slumming it in America? Is is OK because he's already proven himself there (albeit with little competition). I'm personally very glad that Hodgson is here and the fact that he chose the AMA series over WSBK and BSB says something unless of couse it is only about the money being better here than it is in either WSBK or BSB.

I wish Mladin would get a factory ride in MotoGP. I'd love to see it. I just don't believe he's gotten the offers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AZ Scott »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You know what I'd like to see? Yoshimura Suzuki taking their whole show over the Europe and running their own program over there! Muzzy did it, and so did Ferracci, and they both won championships. Why couldn't Yoshimura? If they are such a great outfit, and Mladin such a great rider, surely they could go over there and put a whooping on the WSBK boys, right??? Right...</TD></TR></TABLE>
AMEN!

bsess: when hodgson dominates and has won the title 5 times and wants to stay another 3 years, I will glady bash him too

And as to the so called lack of offers, I am sure Mat could land a decent WSB ride if he really tried...granted if he goes to GPs, he will be in WAY over his head, but such is the life of a racer moving up thru the ranks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AZ Scott »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You know what I'd like to see? Yoshimura Suzuki taking their whole show over the Europe and running their own program over there! Muzzy did it, and so did Ferracci, and they both won championships. Why couldn't Yoshimura? If they are such a great outfit, and Mladin such a great rider, surely they could go over there and put a whooping on the WSBK boys, right??? Right...</TD></TR></TABLE>

If it wins on Sunday, it will sell on Monday. It's easy pickins here and a great market for new bikes. If Suzuki keeps winning, the bikes keep selling and they can continue to pay Matt his little salary. Compared to the revenues made by Suzuki and Yoshimura, his salary isn't that much.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.