Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased 2 used saddle bags for the St4s off ebay and need to have them painted to match the bike... How would one go about that? I called the local Ducati store and he laughed when I asked if he could order paint for me.
Another sad story from bike shops...

My bike is the Titanium Grey and the bags I purchased are red / black.

Appreciate the help.

Brian

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Help with painting (mh900e0974)

This forum rocks! Thanks JohnC, I appreciate all the advice on this board.
Brian

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sure you already know this, but I'll say it just in case. The plastic pieces on those bags that get painted come off easily. I believe there are four or five screws on the inside that hold them on. But here's the important part: The screws are NOT all the same length! Make sure you keep track of which came out of what hole. Otherwise, if you put a long screw in a short hole it will go right through the plastic on the other side. (don't ask me how I know...)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: (georgeb)

I assume you want an exact colour match. If you look at the label on your bike ( i think it will be under the seat, you will find the paint code. Make a note of this code and take it to a paintshop, requesting however much paint you require. This should produce an exact colour match for your sprayer.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: (georgeb)

color rite is a good source .. if you have the manual there's a PPG color code in it .
any good auto paint store should be able to help you out ... we've done a lot of bike colors ,,, another route would be to have the paint store convert your color to a vinyl paint ( if your bike is the mat-gray ) to match the gloss ,, our Dupont
program can cross referance almost all codes to date

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: (04749s)

George B, Good call on the screws, how'd you figure that out again...

Bam, Thanks for the input, no manual as I purchased used with 800 miles and somehow he lost it then. If the PPG code is under the seat as mentioned I will just use that at the paint shop.

thanks all,
Brian

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: (ducsrule)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ducsrule »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no manual as I purchased used with 800 miles and somehow he lost it then.
thanks all,
Brian</TD></TR></TABLE>

brian -

you can get a PDF of the owners manual online from ducati @:
http://www.ducati.com/bikes/se...=2002

ciao,
johnc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts