Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5 mins of looking and I cant find it.. help please. My beast hit 257 degrees today twice.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Help, where is the coolant drain plug? (Shrewd)

you have to pull one of the coolant hoses I use the lower one on the waterpump it works well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Help, where is the coolant drain plug? (twotone)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by twotone »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you have to pull one of the coolant hoses I use the lower one on the waterpump it works well.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Thanks. I was get discouraged. 9 views and no responses.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (Got Molo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Got Molo »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">257 is rather hot. I would check your fans and make sure they're coming on. </TD></TR></TABLE>
both come on at 218, neither are on before that. That normal?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (Got Molo)

thats normal for the fans to kick on at 218. Hows your coolant level? 257 is high high high

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (clarkandgrilli)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by clarkandgrilli »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thats normal for the fans to kick on at 218. Hows your coolant level? 257 is high high high

</TD></TR></TABLE> Just did a flush, it spewed some today when I came to a stop at 257. Seemed like it pissed nearly a cup, I assume out of the overflow hose (couldnt see). Since I dont know my ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to the RC. I disconnected the lower hose on the water pump, and used pressure (hose) to push the old crap out. I had no clue where to fill though (where the hell is it?). I ended up just doing it little by little through the catch/overflow can. Seems to have reached an equilibrium now. Any suggestions on burping the system to assure that I dont have air bubbles now?

Previous owner used something purple (engine ice?) and a lot of it. Probably not the right mixture, that might have been causing it to run hot. I was in some technical twisties in 2nd/3rd gear all day. At times it would run at 190 and other times 245.. So I dunno.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry for the name confusion. I have two (long story) and was posting from different comps.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (jbowers24)

You fill on the right rad (throttle side) remove screws that hold the upper and right fairing pull plastic back you will find a rad cap.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (twotone)

After you find the radiator cap fill the system best you can then take a rubber mallet and tap (not beat) the hoses, rads (not the fins) water pump, then run the bike with the cap off for a few minutes, level should drop some then tap up, I was advised to run the bike until the thermostat kicked in (you'll know when the fluid starts to swirl like a whirl pool) then shut her down and tap up, I did the step however, the level did not drop, while your in there tighten all hose clamps, try a search also, someone posted about a year back the whole procedure with pics.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (RC Cola)

Thread Hijack:

I am thinking that my fans are not working either. Isn't there a fuse under the left side fairing? I have never heard any fans ever running on my bike in the past year since I owned it but I have never had any over heating problems unless I go through some stoplights. So would someone confirm the location for the fan's fuse?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts