Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I'm stuck. I'm swapping the rear strut on my bro's S2R with an adjustable unit but I can't get the strut free. The bike is on a stand with rear end free. The rear shock assembly is out and so is the bolt that holds it to the swing-arm.

There is a bolt that goes through the swing-arm and the bottom of the strut that has a plastic cover on it. How do I take this off...? If you download the file, it's on page 74, Drawing 032, part #12.

http://www.ducati.com/docs_eng...0.zip

http://www.ducati.com/bikes/se...005pp

Thanks.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: HELP! S2R strut removal... (CPalacay)

Nevermind, I'm an idiot

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Nah you're not. You just learned something. Some people think I know a lot*. Well ... I learned a lot of things the same way you just did.

*- I sometimes agree... but geez, anyone that does something for years and years as a job better know something about it! And there's still a LOT that I don't know!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: HELP! S2R strut removal... (chris_k)

LOL, it just turns out that I had to pry the heim joint off of the swing-arm since the tolerances were so tight. Go figure that after all my years as a mechanic, it was something so simple. I was probably having one of those "It's Italian, so there has to be some special way that they designed it..." moments. Oh well, time to get this puppy back on the road. Pics to come soon...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: HELP! S2R strut removal... (chris_k)

Hey Chris, I see you're in SD. I'm moving there at the end of August, probably in downtown. I'll be needing a wingman to show me some goos roads.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Cool! There are a lot of great Ducati owners down here. The dealer (GP) are pretty good, too. Just got back from picking up some freeze plugs and drooling over an S2R.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts