Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:banghead SHEAESSS: I Guess I should have Told You ALL... The HARRIS Rear Sets I bought, they are INCOMPLETE, I am missing quite a few parts.

Yes, as the Title states... I need help because I bought a used set of some Really Nice looking HARRIS Rear-Sets!

I am really pretty good, with figuring out how things go, as I've got it all laid out and feel pretty good about it, Adj. Base Plate is mounted, pegs mounted to adapator plates, ready to bolt on to Base plate,.. BUT,.. My ONLY Real problem is,.... The Rear Brake Master Cylinder install...!....>?<:confused: Return spring too... where the hell does this thing mount up?

Any help would be much appreciated.... Point me to a web-site with instructions maybe IF there is such a beast.;)

TIA

Peace Jeff

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
lots of aftermarket rearsets don't come with any sort of return spring allowance... you don't really need one.

for the amount of advice you seem to offer about just about any subject, this thread seems HUGELY out of character. i know you're one of the most anal on the boards but really?

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
+1. I wish I could help. Here are a couple pics I have found.

http://www.rc51.org/images/harris.jpg

AWESOME Jess!

The very First picture Jess::clapper Tells me Everything I need to know, because, In said first picture, I was able to spot My Problem! Since this kit I bought was\IS incomplete, the parts I needed were missing, So I couldn't see how it was supposed to work before You posted that! :notworthy

My problem "Was" I didn't know there was supposed to be a Swap of part(s) to the "Master cylinder's threaded rod end-mount"!
So the OEM's "Squarish horse shoe mount" thingie,.. You know, the one where the pin goes through the mount, then brake pedal hole, which, this is where a Cotter pin goes in and locks everything together....
Well, Because of the SIZE of the OEM's Squarish mount... There is NO way it would ever work like this, which is exactly why I "WAS" having the Troubles trying to understand what was up ;)
So, Now I know this OEM Square horse shoe mount, this thing gets removed completely and Then replaced with "rod end" which is what goes on the Master Cylinder now..

Now, all's I got to do is, get this replacement "Rod end" for the MC. Then I'll be Golden!:rockon

Thank You for Helping Jess!:clapper

Peace Jeff

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So you need to make a clevis ?

I used a cable end from mc master carr :twocents

YUMMMMMMM Po Ta Toe CHIPS! :woot:

Hey Tom

Naaa,.... What I need, is the tie rod end that screws onto the MC which inturn gets assy. to the backend of the brake pedal.;)
I've got it covered Now... Now that I know what & How the thing is supposed to be assembled with!:clapper

Thanks though,

Peace Jeff

·
Registered
70 Posts
sorry to hijack, but I've got a nice right side only Harris rearset if you're interested in a spare
It was on my bike when I bought it, with stock on the left.

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sorry to hijack, but I've got a nice right side only Harris rearset if you're interested in a spare
It was on my bike when I bought it, with stock on the left.

It's cool mang., this isn't a threadJacking as far as I'm concerned.... I've seen awhole lot worse!;)

Shoot me a PM what You're looking to get for it...?

Peace Jeff

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks Ryan,

Yes, I'll take it!

Just looking at those 3 pictures You posted,... It's no wonder I could NOT see, how mine fit together... Just this "Brake side Rear Set" I am missing atleast 5 parts!

Thanks for posting those too Ryan,..:clapper

Paece Jeff

1 - 13 of 13 Posts