Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Other - Specify

Votes: 3 10.3%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm setting up to paint the ZX-7 and can't really decide on the color. What do you guys think would be cool? I've narrowed it down to the following:

Lime Green
Blue Metallic
Gun Metal Gray
Candy Apple Red Metallic
Jet Black
Silver Metallic
Frost Blue

....Let me know if I should post samples.

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Gotta go with the green, it so Kawasaki.
I know but I already have a Green one and Kinda don't want two green bikes.

The bike 'SHOULD' be Green but I kind of want a little variety.

I like these:

Frost Blue Metallic

Deep Blue Metallic

Gunmetal Gray Metallic

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Gunmetal grey metallic with white number plates, surrounded by black pin stripe dividing the two. Second choice is black with white number plates.

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You lime green guys are gonna be pissed. :D

The old bodywork will be this color

The Fuch's kawasaki scheme will be sprayed on the new race bodywork that I will pick up.

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol.

I had a technical difficulty with the Kawasaki Lime Green

I might be sending this bike to the Dominican Republic so I can have something to ride over there. ;) There's a track 20 minutes from my Mother-In-Law's.

I'm planning on building.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Im thinking a combo between lime green and gun metal might look bad ass.

So how close are you to Charlie Rangel's crib? :D

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Green it is.

...but Color-rite prices are outrageous so if anyone's got a better idea let me know. Otherwise it's mix-city for me.
Color Rite prices are indeed silly . This advice is probably too late but an auto supply store that sells paint can probably mix any color as long as you give them the paint code or a sample to match . I needed some touch-up for a car , took the factory code to a local shop , got 1 L of the exact color + an application bottle/brush for $30 ; that's the price Color Rite wanted for a fuking pen with shipping !:eek: Just remembered that many years ago I used the same shop for touch-up for my Shadow cruiser , so bike colors aren't a problem .

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Color Rite prices are indeed silly . This advice is probably too late but an auto supply store that sells paint can probably mix any color as long as you give them the paint code or a sample to match . I needed some touch-up for a car , took the factory code to a local shop , got 1 L of the exact color + an application bottle/brush for $30 ; that's the price Color Rite wanted for a fuking pen with shipping !:eek:

Most auto supply stores I looked at went solely by the year, make, and model of the car. Coincidently, no cars were EVER painted lime green except for the 2003 Lamborghini Murcielago. And that wasn't a TRUE lime green.

The places where I did find the lime green only sold by the Gallon and I didn't need that much paint. So I just said SCREW IT and bought that Nissan Blue color.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts