Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 999R died a couple miles from my house the other day, like someone turned off the kill switch.. It appears that the (stock) ECM had a melt-down. When it is connected to the Mathesus the ECM does not give any reading, no error codes nothing, its just dead. When you turn on the key, the cluster goes through the start-up check ok, but the fuel pump does not fire and the engine light is on. In checking it appears that Ducati does not have one currently available to ship from Italy and the Italians are getting ready to go on vacation.. I have checked with all the major Duc dealers in the U.S., nobody has one available.
Has anyone else had this ECM problem with their Duc? If anyone has the stock ECM available for this bike I would like to buy it! I will even send you the new one when it is available.

Vincent
231 27 6565

Modified by vbertram at 1:13 PM 8/4/2005

Modified by vbertram at 1:16 PM 8/4/2005

Modified by vbertram at 1:18 PM 8/4/2005

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Help!! ECU/ECM Meltdown 2005 999R Duc (vbertram)

All I got is a stock 04 ecu with a xtra key.
Ill gladly send it to you if it helps.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Help!! ECU/ECM Meltdown 2005 999R Duc (Busamouse)

It may not be the ECU

We will know wednesday

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Help!! ECU/ECM Meltdown 2005 999R Duc (section8superbike)

Dude.

Do you even know what is wrong with it? I noticed from Jasons post that he will know on Wednesday...and knowing Jason and what he knows, and how qualified Section8 are it looks like you have to wait for Wednesday...Now you can ask all the questions that you want, but unless someone here has the bike to look at all you are going to get is BS answers. It is also your second post....I love when people use this site as a resource and want answers without even getting to know the people...my point being this...how do you know that the people who answer you aren't total tools themselves? Like me for an example...

If Jason has your bike you have already made one very good decision...they will get to the bottom of it.

I think it is the "Flux Capacitor"...or quite possible you haven't rotated the air in your tires recently enough.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Be careful that the ECU has had a meldown, was the cause the ECU or something further down the line, check the charging first to make sure the voltage reg is doing its job, check the battery and earths just to make sure when you put another ECU in you don't fry that as your problem still exists.

Just thinking outside the square

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Help!! ECU/ECM Meltdown 2005 999R Duc (hearing8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hearing8 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dude.

I think it is the "Flux Capacitor"...or quite possible you haven't rotated the air in your tires recently enough.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Damn it. I was just about to say "Maybe the uranium for your flux capacitor is bad?"

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Help!! ECU/ECM Meltdown 2005 999R Duc (Monstaman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Monstaman »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Be careful that the ECU has had a meldown, was the cause the ECU or something further down the line, check the charging first to make sure the voltage reg is doing its job, check the battery and earths just to make sure when you put another ECU in you don't fry that as your problem still exists.

Just thinking outside the square </TD></TR></TABLE>

There was some water involved, most likely got in a connector, or even the dash. Things tend to go willie nilly when that happens.

I'm sure a couple of hours of cleaning connectors and chasing faults down will cure the problem

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vbertram »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the Italians are getting ready to go on vacation</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's August, they're already on vacation.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Help!! ECU/ECM Meltdown 2005 999R Duc (trussdude)

Was that directed at me Pat?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Help!! ECU/ECM Meltdown 2005 999R Duc (hearing8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hearing8 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Was that directed at me Pat?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, but you are on vacation every month but August

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I see it's always funny to pick on the fat kid.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I got mine wet with a rinsing the first time I washed it.
It shot a flame that was the size of a basketball out the Termi pipe and 2 bystanders said it travelled 15 feet at a high rate of speed.(the flame)
The sound was just like a 12 Ga blast.
From now on she dont get wet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts