Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Suomy's???? Really?

Hmm...have you looked at the Suomy's?
Not sure I can spell it either, but with the Oval shaped head we have... I have come close, but always came back to Arai. However, I have now found that you can buy new ones on Ebay if patient for 200-300. I buy them from private owners... sometimes worn for a few times, but a good seller rating and I don't mind. It's worth the 300 dollars to me. :twocents

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Not sure I can spell it either, but with the Oval shaped head we have... I have come close, but always came back to Arai. However, I have now found that you can buy new ones on Ebay if patient for 200-300. I buy them from private owners... sometimes worn for a few times, but a good seller rating and I don't mind. It's worth the 300 dollars to me. :twocents

I was just thinking some of them I have seen looked similar, and I hear good things about them as well.

Gotta agree on picking up lightly used Arai's, my last two came to me that way and I saved a bunch!!

·
calculating status...
1,667 Posts
Gotta agree on picking up lightly used Arai's, my last two came to me that way and I saved a bunch!!
Yep. I just bought a used Phil Read the guy said was four months old. It still has the new helmet smell.

As far as trying Suomy I would have to ask, where? I've never seen one on the street or in a store. Ever.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
As far as trying Suomy I would have to ask, where? I've never seen one on the street or in a store. Ever.
For awhile a couple years back they seemed to be getting popular, I know a number of guys racing in the AFM were using them and crash testing them with great results...don't quote me on this, but I think the US importer, or Suomy pulled the plug a while back (2008 maybe?) when the Euro was raging against the dollar and the numbers just didnt pencil. I want to say they are Italian.

·
Munky
532 Posts
I have 2 Suomy's and they fit like a Shoei X11 (which I currently use). I have a round dome. I could never get any Arai to fit me, all of them were to low on my forehead.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts