Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pretty much a Shoei and Arai guy....really loved the RX7rr4 i had and was killed. Anyway, Tried on but never rode a Shoei X-11. Feel good, fits good, stated weights are one thing
i can't tell by neck. I don't care about loud after the Arai...plugs all the time anyway
venting, weight, buffeting, etc......and you could get one for 100 less than the other.....?

if you have ridden both...that's the feedback i seek...not what you love, or are committed to
thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: helmet feedback again :( (throttlehead)

fit - arai
comfy - arai (although the shoei is really comfy too i just like the texture of the arai pads better)
venting - about the same
weight - doesnt make a difference to me
buffeting - shoei
shape - if x-11 i like the shoei
finish - arai

if i had to choose only 1 - i'd probably go for the shoei
just because i dont see as much of it around. quality i guess is about the same although my crashes have been with another brand of shell (Shark - so far their good too!!)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since the Shoei has caught your attention give it a try. You already know what the Arai is about.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: helmet feedback again :( (throttlehead)

I recently went from a RX7RR Arai to a X-11 Shoei. Both are fantastic helmets and I think you will not be disapointed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: helmet feedback again :( (drthompson65)

I have seriously missed something. I tried on a X-11 and it felt like a cheap $100 helmet that had a $650 price tag on it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: helmet feedback again :( (Phil 998)

Well how accurate is your scalp dyno at your altitude?

j/k

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Phil 998 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have seriously missed something. I tried on a X-11 and it felt like a cheap $100 helmet that had a $650 price tag on it.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Everybody's a critic.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Phil 998 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have seriously missed something. I tried on a X-11 and it felt like a cheap $100 helmet that had a $650 price tag on it.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

No shit. Suomy... I'm on my third Spec-1r.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: helmet feedback again :( (900CR)

find a place and try OGK,this is going to be my next helmet..Dug Polen had one on the last Ducati track day good quality from Japan.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: helmet feedback again :( (drthompson65)

if soumy was on the list i plus one 900cr. i have that too. feels good on the head.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: helmet feedback again :( (doughboy_748r)

Not to discount the Arai Or Shoei...I have an Arai RX7 Corsair that I love...but i tried on a Shark RSX and RSR2 and the RSF2 race...these are NICE Helmets...I was totally impressed with the fit, cosmetics and all....and they are mega light...I foresee them being very popular very soon...I plan on getting the RSF2 race for the track...the Arai is mega bux, $750 is highest i have seen...but i won mine so its not too bad....I would at least take a look at the Shark...you may like em.

Modified by nunyabidness at 10:50 AM 8/23/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: helmet feedback again :( (RC51inItaly)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RC51inItaly »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Everybody's a critic.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I apologize for having an honest opinion and then having the unmitigated gall and audacity to put it out in a forum, what was I thinking.
I have been riding for thirty+ years and have owned Bell, Electro, Simpson, Shoei, AGV, Arai, Suomy, HJC. I'm sure you have a lot more experience than I do.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: helmet feedback again :( (J.U.996SPS)

It figures it would be you that asked about that helmet, you were still shitting your pants when I owned that one,...............wait a tick, you still are.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Phil 998 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I apologize for having an honest opinion and then having the unmitigated gall and audacity to put it out in a forum, what was I thinking.
I have been riding for thirty+ years and have owned Bell, Electro, Simpson, Shoei, AGV, Arai, Suomy, HJC. I'm sure you have a lot more experience than I do.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's not the issue at all. You made your comment and I made mine. Water under the brige, however saying the Shoei X-11 "felt like a cheap $100 helmet" is just slanderous. And I call B.S.

It dosn't take me 30yrs experiance to arrive to the conclusion not buy an Electro helmet.

So, what your saying is you have an affinity for "cheap $100" helmets?

BTW, take it easy gramps, just messing with ya!

Modified by RC51inItaly at 5:29 AM 8/24/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RC51inItaly »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> saying the Shoei X-11 "felt like a cheap $100 helmet" is just slanderous. And I call B.S.

BTW, take it easy gramps, just messing with ya!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Slanderous, bullshit. They feel like a cheap lid to me and I'm sticking to it. Like Rob, I'm very happy with Suomy helmets.

Gramps, that's funny. BTW my Electro was a Tony D. red and yellow replica open face when I was racing MX in the late 70's. I never dreamed they were making those ugly ass things today that you posted. Now where is my walker?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: helmet feedback again :( (Giannis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Giannis »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">find a place and try OGK,this is going to be my next helmet..</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've had one the past year and its an awesome value.
I'm may buy another one. I also like the Vemar may give that a try next.

Modified by RC51inItaly at 5:23 AM 8/24/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

What does the "Tony D." stand for? "Tony Danza?" LOL!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: helmet feedback again :( (J.U.996SPS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by J.U.996SPS »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What does the "Tony D." stand for? "Tony Danza?" LOL!!!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Suomy Spec 1R

1 - 20 of 26 Posts