Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the hot, humid weather over here on the east coast, I though I'd mention how I clean my helmet. I just put it in the kitchen sink, fill it up with water, add some Woolite, and completely suds up the inside. Use your fingers to wash all the inside foam and cloth surfaces.

Then rinse it out by filling with water and emptying again and again and again. You can even take it into the shower with you to rinse all the soap away. It takes a while to get all the suds out.

Use towels to soak away most of the water in the lining, then place the helmet (with the visor and vents open) over one of your house air conditioner floor vents for a day or two. Dry as a bone!

There's nothing in a helmet that will be damaged by soaking in soapy water, and it really gets it clean. Nothing like a fresh smelling helmet.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
That's how I do it. Was told by the Arai rep that the best way to clean a helmet is to take it into the shower with you...and shampoo it when you do your hair.
BTW: I dry it with a fan that the helmet sits on..(I use this at the track also, between sessions)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried that, but the shield keeps fogging up and I can't find the soap.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use motorex helmet cleaner and really like it. I always fogged with the soapy water method.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Helmet Cleaning (DanST4)

???

I take the helmet liners/pads out of my helmet and clean them - tide, woolite, whatever. Helmet stays dry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts