Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Shane RC51
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm camping at turn one. Got here and set up a few hours ago. Got the AC running, watching a movie, and cruising the internet from the comfort of my couch (in the camper). I've got my Motorola Droid tethered for internet, and earlier I was playing Xbox Live. Isn't technology awesome?!

I'll post a few pics in a bit...

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
I've got my Motorola Droid tethered for internet,.
:rockon:rockon:rockon:rockon

Tell me about it dude!! Droid kicks ass!! I have a G1 and never bought an app but I paid $18 for PDA-net and I tether my G1 to my laptop and can have nearly dsl speed when I am on 3G (most of the time)

I don't even have internet at my house anymore, just using my unlimited data plan on the phone!! :rockon

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
That's pretty sick. I wish Apple would get their heads out of their asses sometime in the near future. Maybe when my contract expires I'll see what the competition has to offer. The biggest hurdle for me is that I use iTunes for all of my music and podcasts, so switching to something that doesn't use iTunes is a big hassle, forcing me to take two gadgets everywhere (a phone and iPod).

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
The biggest hurdle for me is that I use iTunes for all of my music and podcasts, so switching to something that doesn't use iTunes is a big hassle, forcing me to take two gadgets everywhere (a phone and iPod).
No way man! Download Media Monkey (free) and I think it will just entirely import your entire itunes (and you will actually be able to have control over your music now)

Then you can sync media monkey to your droid phone and put all your music on your phone...you know...cause with droid you have removable sd cards ( i have a 16gb one )

I just bought a Motorola Rockr bluetooth device for the car that clips to your visor....stereo bluetooth mp3's from the phone to the rockr which then sends them on an FM signal to your car stereo!! :rockon

·
Shane RC51
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I didn't crash today. I did the old piggie proud. I usually ride with the Advanced group, but for this trackday I went with the Intermediate guys. I probably shouldn't have, since I pretty much blew everyone's doors off (slight ego). The only place I got passed (very rarely) was coming out of turn 7 down the LONG back straight. But it wasn't to last, since I always got my position back on the brakes into turn 10a.

Granted, I'm not Valentino, and we're not out here racing, but at the same time, I'm sure everyone here is going as fast as they can. I just felt pretty good about the laps I'm turning. The RC is running STRONG, and my tires are doing great. Got a set of 209 GP-A's, and they don't disappoint. Running medium front and soft rear.

Last weekend I was on some 2CT's. I love those tires on the street, but on the track they SUCKED. The rear was sliding all over the place. I've heard/read bad things about the 209's, but I can't complain. Sticking very nicely.

Rob and out pit neighbor Joe got some video with their GoPro HD's, but I'm not in them much. I kept checking out. :D For a few sessions I slowed down to play with them a bit, so I'll post up whatever vids I can later on.

Sorry to bore you guys to death, but I'm having a great time...

·
Craft Int Instructor
700 Posts
Yeah you shouldve ran "A" so we couldve ran head to head..."A" was fun great weekend, coolest Ive ever had at RA in summer.

·
Shane RC51
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yeah, I really should have run with the fast guys. Pretty sure I could've run with the front. I got down to 1:36's. Then they gave us a 2 up session, and I put the wife on the back and ran some 1:44's. Link to the YouTube vid of us is at the bottom of this post...

I've been waiting to update this post so I could add in a bunch of pics. Finally got them back from the photog. Here's a few...

Link to YouTube vid of wife and I 2-up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts