Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Administrator
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

My name is Helena and I work for Motorcycle.com, I am writing this in hopes to clear up some things on the forum. About a year or so ago the site was sold to a man name Saad, the previous owner was having trouble affording the site and trying to keep it running. Saad took it over and tried to fix the issues but never announced to the forum that ownership had changed hands. Saad soon realized that there was too much work to be had on the forum thus selling it to us.
This being said, we are not here to kill this site or change the way the community flows, we are here to help get this site back to its premium functionality.
I have been reading up on some of the issues and have realized this site has been neglected for a long time. I would like to get members talking about issues they have and problems they have encountered so that we can get this site in tip top shape.
I do apologize for the lack of communication in the past by old owners but I assure you we are here to listen and to help.
Any issues that you may have that you wish fixed please post in the complaints-suggestions forum. (http://www.speedzilla.com/forums/complaints-suggestions/) Try to keep topics on track so that it is easier for me to sort through the issues.
You can also PM or you can email me directly at [email protected]
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to post them bellow.
Thank you everyone and I hope we can get this site back on track.
Helena

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
welcome on vertical scope

how are you going to install mods on a forum with no mods or rules fairly?

the fun of this site as there was no moderation or rules really and things were pretty wide open

going to be hard for members to adjust to the whole new waych what you say IMHO

this place is so hot at times people will be banned daily and wars will start as the mods who like certain people allow them to play favs and ban some and protect others, it will ruin the forum IMO

·
Administrator
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as i know there are only 2 mods on the site. This site will run as it always has, I am here to help fix issues, so if it is not an issue i have no concern over it.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Site

Raw functionality of the site is fine.

Whether or not you can make money from it is up to you and how your advertisers view the activities that transpire here.

That is a judgement call.

As far as I am concerned there are no moderators on this forum. That being said their has been no influx of spammers.

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Raw functionality of the site is fine.

Whether or not you can make money from it is up to you and how your advertisers view the activities that transpire here.

That is a judgement call.

As far as I am concerned there are no moderators on this forum. That being said their has been no influx of spammers.
Does that explain the added ads?

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts

·
1,061 Posts
That is an awesome video, fwiw my brother just went pro in the downhill mountain bike races. I really wish I had the time and was in shape to get back into bicycles.
I always have a conundrum when deciding between bikes and motorcycles. I love them both.

I had a friend in Vancouver that fell in love with downhill. Obviously he was in the right place for it.

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
I always have a conundrum when deciding between bikes and motorcycles. I love them both.

I had a friend in Vancouver that fell in love with downhill. Obviously he was in the right place for it.
Yeah, my brother is in Portland. Perfect for that stuff. He does that when it's the off season for snowboarding and working on the mountain. Some of his videos are pretty nuts. Like the single tracks that run along the ridges, that would scare me senseless.

·
1,061 Posts
Yeah, my brother is in Portland. Perfect for that stuff. He does that when it's the off season for snowboarding and working on the mountain. Some of his videos are pretty nuts. Like the single tracks that run along the ridges, that would scare me senseless.
I envy your brother LOL!

·
...clink...!
1,725 Posts
Helena,
Nice to meet you. As a long time forum member the thing I like about speedzilla most is the absence of mods. We mostly all know each other and have for many years. We "put up" (mostly) with each others idiosyncracies (sp).
Please do not change that.
Thanks...

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Helena,
Nice to meet you. As a long time forum member the thing I like about speedzilla most is the absence of mods. We mostly all know each other and have for many years. We "put up" (mostly) with each others idiosyncracies (sp).
Please do not change that.
Thanks...
+1! ('cept for "gag", you can double tap the boy........) :rolleyes:

Semper Fi! :rockon

-Rocky-

(oh yeah, 1/2 of the "smileys" are always disabled........) > :confused:

1 - 20 of 143 Posts